Dutch An Electrifying Experience (And Led Tutorial)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenStreeper

I have to get a camera man, again I apologize in advance. These are long movies but will take you trough the entire process of how to wire an LED kit, specifically for my dutch helmets, but this method will work for anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I'm sorry if this is boring... but it's really informative!" Ah, the subtle hints of appreciating your own genious, Ben...

I'm having my assistant watch this since he's about to wire up the SB-MKVI he's wearing on Saturday... he likey, he likey...

Very informative, knowledge is never be boring if there is something to be garnered, and garnering there is!

The only thing in question about your presentation is:

What are you listening to in the background? What music is that? (hehe)

I believe we've found Soaring Hammer a new video tut instructor! Very well done (except the music, what was that again?)

Well done!

B!

"You always want to test it first...especially since I bought most of this stuff from China." Absolutely classic Ben and more awesome vids for the channel.

Das Brutus said:
The only thing in question about your presentation is:

What are you listening to in the background? What music is that? (hehe)

Frank Sinatra sir!!!!!! And YOU DO NOT SAY BAD THINGS ABOUT SINATRA!!!!!!!

BenStreeper said:

AMEN!!! I agree 1,000,000,000 times.

BenStreeper said:

Not at all... Old Blue eyes is the shizzel! We used "Love and Marrige" on our wedding soundtrack... Now his son is another story...

Adam Anderson said:
wow i might add those to my order.

yes sir kits are dirt cheap since I buy them in bulk, and include a long lasting 9v battery so you really can't beat it especially since you get all the same parts as seen in the video. Makes it easier to follow along with the video too. your kit would include:

2 blue high power led's pre-wired with 12v resistors.

1 9v battery Holder

1 9v battery

1 slide switch.

What you will need

wire strippers

Black electrical tape

Hot glue

solder

a soldering iron

and access to the video above

kits available in 4 leds for your Mark VI helmets as well for a very very small extra charge. Talking 4 tacos from Jack in the Box extra sir.

Wonderful tutorial. I probably would've done fine without it, but I'll feel a lot more confident with it.

Just wondering, where exactly can I buy these kits?

Potshot said:
Wonderful tutorial. I probably would've done fine without it, but I'll feel a lot more confident with it.

Just wondering, where exactly can I buy these kits?

via pm sir

Yet another really helpful, informative and useful video tutorial series. This is awesome Ben. Thanks a lot for the vids. They will be a great help when I get to that point in my build. I (and the rest of the 405th I'm sure) really appreciate you taking the time to show us all of this. Thanks again.

Adam Anderson said:
wow i might add those to my order.

BenStreeper said:
yes sir kits are dirt cheap since I buy them in bulk

OK, it took a while for me to get it but I couldn't for the life of me figure out what was that kit mentionned as it's not written anywhere. Please while I love the possibility of getting the kit, don't make any reference to things that aren't in the actual post. It's confusing. Great tutorial. I remembered the helmet and thought "Wow cool. That's a definite plus on the helmet and game accurate too."

Meleck said:
OK, it took a while for me to get it but I couldn't for the life of me figure out what was that kit mentionned as it's not written anywhere. Please while I love the possibility of getting the kit, don't make any reference to things that aren't in the actual post. It's confusing. Great tutorial. I remembered the helmet and thought "Wow cool. That's a definite plus on the helmet and game accurate too."

My apologies sir I offer an Led kit for all the helmets on the site

For a MkVI Helmet, can all 4 LEDs go in sequence, if so do all 4 need a resisitor or will 1 for each pair be enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back