Status
Not open for further replies.

link4044

Sr Member
i was just messing around with some vinyl to see what it will look like

dutch.jpg

im going to tweak it more, then going to paint it

just seen that there visor retact into there helmets

Oooooooooooo, I like it. The only problem is that it looks a little too clean, it's not weathered like the rest of the helm. Very good idea though, it gives it a whole new look.

DreadMullet said:
Achille im sure he is going to weather it when he paints it.

Oh, it looked like the helmet was already painted and weathered to me. My mistake. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
this is true... he applied the vinyl sticker to his existing odst helm, and will probably re-touch and weather the area.

Looks great link.

You know, i thought at first their visors retracted too, but after watching the video a few times i think ive come to the conclusion that they can somehow de-polarize their visor. Something like the opposite of auto-darkening. When i saw the video i thought, "Hm, his helmet doesnt have a visor....OH! retractable visor. After watchign it again, it doesnt look like an solid visor sliding down, the color like "fades" into the visor.

MandoMan531 said:
Looks great link.

You know, i thought at first their visors retracted too, but after watching the video a few times i think ive come to the conclusion that they can somehow de-polarize their visor. Something like the opposite of auto-darkening. When i saw the video i thought, "Hm, his helmet doesnt have a visor....OH! retractable visor. After watchign it again, it doesnt look like an solid visor sliding down, the color like "fades" into the visor.

Wouldn't it just be auto darkneing? Going from light to dark....going back isn't something else, just "un" auto darkening...
Makes sense anyway...i mean, they can hide Tvs behind your dresser in a mirror that stops being a mirror and welding masks have been doing this awhile...

Well yes, but not AUTO-darkening. Auto-darkening implies that its not controlled, meaning it requires a "catalyst" of sorts (IE a bright light/flash) it darken the visor. What i gather from the effect used in the video is that the wearer can choose whether they want the visor totally clear, or any level up to full polarization. Im sure auto-darkening is still a factor, in the case of an instant flash of light, to protect the wearer, but it can also be controlled manually.

ummm link you sure about the visors going into the helmet i thought it looked like the visor had an on off switch to the uv protection. even in the game they have that light visor thingy and i bet that's the visor turning the uv protection off

Love that, it just needs to be weathered.

There is, even now, Polarizing and De-polarizing visors/sunglasses sold, They look like just normal eyeglasses in normal light, but when in direct sunlight or otherwise just bright light, they automatically polarize, but It takes some time to polarize/De-polarize, time counted in few minutes.

Likin' your padding too, though it looks a bit too bright for me. would look better if it was made out of dark grey or black

JustMe

just me(no one else) said:
Love that, it just needs to be weathered.

There is, even now, Polarizing and De-polarizing visors/sunglasses sold, They look like just normal eyeglasses in normal light, but when in direct sunlight or otherwise just bright light, they automatically polarize, but It takes some time to polarize/De-polarize, time counted in few minutes.

Likin' your padding too, though it looks a bit too bright for me. would look better if it was made out of dark grey or black

JustMe

the next pad casting i do i might die it darker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back