E.V.A Helmet Faceplate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanitas

I am planning to make an EVA helmet but the problem is the face plate since the EVA face plate is just a huge visor. Could some one tell me how to i make the visor from the motorcycle visor?

no one has really made a face plate for the EVA helmet with a motorcycle visor. you could vacuum form it. (like I know how to vac form :p)
sorry if it bursts your bubble...

Afraid not. You can vacuform, but you cannot paint it gold enough yet transparent. Googled every where and no one seems to be able to do that. Unless you have the manufacturing machines that can form and color tint at the same time.

I've seen EVA helmet with two bug eyes cut out. The eye holes are then covered with gold fabric that can see-thru (think spiderman).

Personally, I would not attempt it because of the complexity of the curve and then making it see-thru. Good luck.

you can just use clear plastic, that you can shape (weather by hand, or vac form) and then just add gold reflective tinting to it.... that is the only way i can think of doing it, and it would not be very hard at all...

NZ-TK did a full vacuform visor with a gold tint on it, it was a tint that you can buy in a big sheet. But he said the technique is still not perfect.

Pat

I encourage you to make an EVA. Here is a temp visor method we use.
britt_EVA.jpgEVAFront.jpgEVASide.jpg

Ithica

britt_EVA.jpg

EVAFront.jpg

EVASide.jpg

Whoh, Ithaca made an appearence. Lucky you!

Actaully, if you really wanted to i found a great video of how to make your own vacuum forming table at home on the cheap.
Really useful video!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back