E3 2008 Coverage And News.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioactiveMicrobe

Microsoft just announced at E3 a brand new Xbox live to be released this fall, and you only have to update. Some features include a new menu, Avatars, and parties to share media with your friends. Microsoft has partnered with Netflix, Universal, and CBS to bring you over 10,000 more movies and 500 new shows. Not only that, but they are competing with Wii in family games. These include "Your in the movies", "Scene It: Box office smash!" and "Lips" Lips will feature a karikote game that can be used with you Zune (If you have one). Microsoft also showed playable demos for Fallout 3, GoW 2, Fable 2, Resident Evil 5, and The Last Remnant. Infinate Undiscovery, Star Ocean and surprisingly, Final Fantasy XIII. Guitar hero owners will get a chance to download Metallica's debut album in it's entirety for Guitar Hero III and Guitar Hero: World Tour on the same day as it's release. Van Halen and The Eagles are also exclusive to Guitar Hero: World Tour. They also announced 'Geometry Wars 2', 'Portal:Still Alive' and 'Galaga 2' Exclusive on Xbox Live. Rock Band 2 has been confirmed Exclusive for Xbox 360 this September, with tracks from 'Chinese Democracy' Bob Dylan, and for the first time, AC/DC with "Let there be rock". They also announced a 60Gb Xbox 360 to be released this August for $349, and a price cut for the 20Gb Pro Edition down to $299.

I don't think there is a reason not to own a 360 now.

I just missed this on G4. Sounds great to me. Now if M$ would just get Gran Turismo and Metal Gear, I wouldn't even need a PS3!

w00t! Back in the game! This should be our official "OMFG" thread for E3 since we can all predict that Sony and Nintendo will announce something awesome as well. Not to mention all of the other companies, like Bungie >:D.

I'm watching G4 now, GO NINJA WARRIOR

Yep, they announced all of that, plus a trailer for Viva Pinata: Trouble in paradise and some other game I can't remember now. But it wasn't violent, so I don't think we should be worried. Final Fantasy XIII exclusive for Xbox 360 really surprised me, and they presented it in a way of "Ha Ha Sony, look what we have!" Microsoft keeps taking over other franchises that I don't know if Nintendo and Sony can compete. The new Xbox live looks amazing. The Avatar styles change eith the seasons and you can converse with other members in an environment live an RPG, but just talking. You can join parties of members that could involve photosharing or some other sharing. Like if a bunch of your friends whnt to watch a movie, but your not on the same couch, or in the same city, you can send the movie to them so they are watching too, and can converse during the movie via headset. Pretty soon, you won't need to have friends over, you can just go on Xbox Live to hang around.

EDIT: Ninja Warrior and Unbeatable Banzuke FTW.

I can't decide if I like the new Dashboard look or not..After seeing some of the features that came with it, it got me a bit more excited about it. lol, the 1 vs. 100 thing looks pretty sweet. I'm also wondering about 'real prizes' too.

abandonship said:
I like the current dashboard better.

Same here, and the new dashboard is stupid looking with the "avatars"..They copied the Wii and everything..

On the positive side, we know Lego Batman is going to be released soon..

Last edited by a moderator:
GruntOfAction said:
Same here, and the new dashboard is stupid looking with the "avatars"..They copied the Wii and everything..

On the positive side, we know Lego Batman is going to be released soon..
The Dashboard may not be as pretty, but all the features make up for it. I really enjoyed the 1 vs. 100 part.

Okay, sorry for the double post, but I feel this should get an update. At the Sony press Conference, Zipper announced a game codemaned: MAG (Massive Action Game I think) That the online play will feature 256! players at once! I don't know about you, but this may blow Halo multiplayer out of the water.

Or it could be an Epic Fail in terms of organization.

RadioaciveMicrobe said:
The Dashboard may not be as pretty, but all the features make up for it. I really enjoyed the 1 vs. 100 part.
i like my custom one better, it still has all the lil tab thingys but its got a Resident Evil esque background to it so when i log on it looks like an Umbrella Corp. computer :D there not going to replay microsofts day are they? =.=

RadioaciveMicrobe said:
Final Fantasy XIII exclusive for Xbox 360 really surprised me, and they presented it in a way of "Ha Ha Sony, look what we have!"
Wow, I think you just made my day.

I hope Sony can handle 256 players at once in one game! That's a big order. I know a lot of it will depend on the individual connection but daaam.

xalener said:
Huh....We get Miis.
awsome. :cautious:
since gates left microsoft has prolly ran outa material. so they copy the mii's AND the wiimote... cheap much

The new dash looks stupid. I sincerely hope they aren't going to try and force it down people's throats that don't want it.

I'm not sure about the dash yet. Have to wait for more info before I make up my mind. A browser would be nice. NZ is right the Wii browser bites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back