Easiest armor to make?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rojo167

I am a new member of the 405th and I have a few costumes under my belt but I have only ever used pepakura once so I'm not great with it, is there any reccomendations to start out with armor wise?

Andrew DFT ODST or Marine is the very typical starting point for a lot of people(I almost did it too). I had no costumes under my built and just finished my 405th template provided ODST(I scaled it to my body though). If you have some patience, trust me you can get any armor in here done with some quality.
(I suggest using foam, maybe pep the helmet if you want though thats what I did)

Since Halo Combat Evolved is the earliest game in the series and has the lowest quality of graphics armor from that game, the original Mark V and the Marine Armor is the lowest poly and therefore most straight forward to put together with pep, but that same low def nature does allow for some creativity and interpretation of the in game look.

Andrew DFT ODST or Marine is the very typical starting point for a lot of people(I almost did it too). I had no costumes under my built and just finished my 405th template provided ODST(I scaled it to my body though). If you have some patience, trust me you can get any armor in here done with some quality.
(I suggest using foam, maybe pep the helmet if you want though thats what I did)
The ODST from ADFT was actually my very first costume ever made I appreciate your words of encouragement they help a lot!

Since Halo Combat Evolved is the earliest game in the series and has the lowest quality of graphics armor from that game, the original Mark V and the Marine Armor is the lowest poly and therefore most straight forward to put together with pep, but that same low def nature does allow for some creativity and interpretation of the in game look.
Okay, cool thank you a ton. That is exactly what I needed to get myself started out

A follow up question to the easiest armor is where does everyone get the undersuits for their armors? I decided to go with the recruit armor from halo 4.

A follow up question to the easiest armor is where does everyone get the undersuits for their armors? I decided to go with the recruit armor from halo 4.
There are a few different methods you can do for a halo 4/5 undersuit, although they are a little more complicated to do since more of the undersuit is exposed compared to every other game. As a fellow lover of the recruit armor, I will say it was a fairly simple build to do. The only hard part was adding detail to the simple templates given, and figuring out how the peices will fit together.

One method you can use for an undersuit is just a black morph suit. This in my opinion looks terrible since there is so much detail missing to what is supposed to look like, but if you look at builds like Spidermonkey60 or any of the impact props armors(not on the 405th website), they use foam attatched to the undersuit and it has a good effect. There are even morphsuits you can buy that are painted to look like the halo 4/5 undersuits that work ok. You can also add more foam ontop of this to give more of an effect. I saw someone using a puffy crysis(or something like it) undersuit that worked really really well.

I sewed mine, and it looks really good in my opinion, but for a process that took nearly 170 hours to do in order to capture every little detail, I dont think it was really that worth it. Maybe if I used a better material and had more experiance I sewing.
Liltyrant did an amazing undersuit that was simple, but really captured the idea. I think it looks great! LilTyrant's HALO 4 ARMOR + Undersuit - **WIP**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back