"Easiest" Helmet to make for a first-timer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eXSTi

Hey guys, like I said before I was going to make a recon helmet as my first helmet, but after reading some more I think that Recon might be one of the hardest..So what I'm asking is as a starter, a first time ANYTHING in this area, which helmet do you think I should make first? If you could link me to the .pdo files that'd be dope too, thanks guys.

If you want to do some practicing, why don't you start with a handpiece or something else that is small? Helmets are more difficult simply because they require more detail. Nobody's going to stare at your feet for long, but your head is always going to be looked upon.
On the other hand, you might just as well do a recon helmet for practice, sincea handpiece is much easier to get right the first time and chances are that your scaling will be wrong and you have to do it twice anyways.

I've done Flying Squirrel's HD Mark VI helmet first and it's not that difficult actually, even for starters.

typically low-def or smoothed files are nice to work with. Check out MrOreo123's files, his shins and thighs would be a great place to start. You won't lose detail, but you will have something easier to work with and a product you can take to the final stages and be proud of!

Edit: my 911th post is on 9/11. Appropriate I think. Remember this day just as we remember Reach.

The WETA ODST was pretty easy when I first made it. Course, I quickly shifted to better detail, when the thing warped on a lampshade.

I'm gonna try out Darkness's smooth Recon helm, still a little confused on how to scale the helmet, but I'll let you guys know how it goes down, thanks!

well i would say to do the one you want to do the most! I started with recon and i think it is turning out pretty good. My WIP is on the noob section front page if you want to check it out

I started out with the Mark VI High Def MJOLNIR helm. I did that one because I thought it was hard. I felt it was the best way to learn as much as possible with a detailed piece like that. The simplier easier pieces became a piece of cake.

Good luck with your 1st build!

cheers.

I would either build D4FL's high def mk VI or the low def mark VI unfolded by Mroreo123. I honestly would not start out building the FS HD MK VI as my first helmet. It took me about 15 hours to build mine, and that was after I got pepping down pat with building an entire suit and low def helmet beforehand.

Honestly for a first time i would most definetly same halo 1 marine armor. i made the whole suit in one day. i had pics up but when the site went down or whatever happened, they got taken down. :(

Personally, I'm going to start with weaponry before moving to a helmet. I figure Weapons will be a good starting place to get a feel for resining and painting.

Personally, I'm going to start with weaponry before moving to a helmet. I figure Weapons will be a good starting place to get a feel for resining and painting.

Weapons can be a major pain to pep, don't try that for a first.

yeah i definetly agree with boba fett. the first weapon i ever made was a silenced odst smg and it turned out like crap. maybe if you can get some blueprints of what you want to make then you could make it with cardboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back