EB Games trade in advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathwasp

Jr Member
I'm currently trying to save up for a 360. I've got an Xbox sitting beside me that I will no longer need, and a PS2 in the living room that I pretty much never play. I was wondering how much cash/store credit I could expect from these two systems if I trade them in at EB Games?
Also, I mean AFTER this week. There's a sale on for the week where a PS2 or Xbox is only 40 bucks used, so I can't imagine I'd get much until the end of the year.
 

NZTK

Well-Known Member
you might save a couple of hundred dollars (thats if you trade all your games too). Its not worth it. mod the xbox and turn it into a media center, use the ps2 to prop up an uneven table leg.
 

Deathwasp

Jr Member
NZ-TK said:
you might save a couple of hundred dollars (thats if you trade all your games too). Its not worth it. mod the xbox and turn it into a media center, use the ps2 to prop up an uneven table leg.
Modding takes time, money, and effort (And if you recall, if I'm considering trading in these things, I can't have overmuch money at the moment) And all my tables are even. :(
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Vexona

Well-Known Member
NZ-TK said:
use the ps2 to prop up an uneven table leg.
haha i about spit my drink out XD

---

If you have extra controllers or games you never intend on playing again, you can sell them as a package deal.

Here's some ebay listings for you to compare with.

You'll generally make more money by selling directly to someone and not going thru an intermediary like GameStop etc. I'd sell it to game stores as a plan b.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Deathwasp

Jr Member
Vexona said:
haha i about spit my drink out XD

---

If you have extra controllers or games you never intend on playing again, you can sell them as a package deal.

Here's some ebay listings for you to compare with.

Sometimes you'll make more money by directly selling to someone and not going thru an intermediary like GameStop etc. I'd sell it to game stores as a plan b.
Alright, sounds good. Thanks, Vexona.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

AoBfrost

Well-Known Member
Good luck with EB games, they will rip you off when you trade in your games, I'd sell them to a friend or else ebay them. EB games wanted to give me 20 dollars for a brand new game cube (only used once) I sold it on ebay for 80 dollars.
 

Deathwasp

Jr Member
Right. So. Don't sell at EB Games. Got it.
Any other good places to try to sell it off other than eBay? The parents aren't big on the idea of eBay...
 

Crossfire

Member
marioknight92 said:
If you use craigs list sell all of the ps2 stuff in a bundle and all of the xbox stuff in another bundle.
so take the average cost of a used game, multiply by however many you have, then add the price of the system 20 dollars higher than the average used price. The buyer will never know
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Deathwasp

Jr Member
AoBfrost said:
Ebay/Craigslist is your ticket to getting a good resale value.
Alrighty. Thanks for all the help, guys.
I'm thinking I'll be listing them at like "120 OBO" for each bundle, and hope to get around 100 each. Might be unrealistic, but I can always lower the price later, you can't raise it after you sell it too cheap.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

AoBfrost

Well-Known Member
How many games and on what systems? If it's the system, I'd say 60 dollars covers the system, and maybe 10 for the games, IF IN GOOD CONDITION. If they have scratches, even just a few, maybe 5 dollars per game.

Then again, someone might buy the bundle for 120$, since a ps2 cost around that much. But there are some shops now selling brand new slim ps2's for 70-80 dollars. This store in my local mall sells video game systems cheap, you can buy an original xbox for 80 dollars, a ps2 for 70, and a ps3 for 470 (80gig model)
 
Crossfire said:
If you use craigs list sell all of the ps2 stuff in a bundle and all of the xbox stuff in another bundle.
so take the average cost of a used game, multiply by however many you have, then add the price of the system 20 dollars higher than the average used price. The buyer will never know


yupers
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Razgriz

Well-Known Member
Deathwasp said:
Modding takes time, money, and effort (And if you recall, if I'm considering trading in these things, I can't have overmuch money at the moment) And all my tables are even. :(
I modded my xbox when I got my 360. Cost me no more than ten bucks. My friends think that it is cool. (Softmod)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top