Elder Scrolls Online - Covenant Scout armor ( Breton, Daggerfall )

Status
Not open for further replies.

ammonen

Hello, I'm Jenna! This is the progress on my Elder Scrolls build. I started this cosplay over a year ago, but I get sidetracked and unmotivated very easily. Here's hoping that I finish someday! I'm aiming for winter. Maybe.

Reference pictures below. Also, an amazing cosplayer named Twai has already completed this armor for her Khajiit character, so I want to learn from what she's done.
reference.png screenshot.png

den_jin_by_twai-dd956go.jpg bright_moons_by_twai_dd956di-fullview.jpg

This week, I'm finishing the bodice ... For a pattern, I did a very loose tracing of a renaissance fair doublet that I bought a couple years ago. Stitched pleather along the side and punched eyelets. Used parachute cord for the laces. Velcro is in the middle to keep the armor in place.

IMG_2811.JPG IMG_2812.JPG
For all the armor, I've used a cardboard box covered in pleather. Worbla for the silver parts to imitate metal.

IMG_2813.JPG
Yuck ... I don't like that the cardboard sits so flat! It doesn't curve to the body at all. But it would be wayyy too much work for me to start all over again. I have some leftover Worbla that I'll try for some of the other armor pieces.

Last edited:
Does anyone have experience painting on pleather / vinyl / pvc / vehicle upholstery?

I have a problem. I've run out of my original brown vinyl !!
When I went to the fabric store, I found this black vinyl with the exact same texture....but it's the wrong shade! The salesperson says the brown stuff is sold out. *sigh* So I bought the black vinyl in hopes that I could paint it.

However, spray paint leaves the vinyl all sticky and tacky even when it's supposed to be "dry." And regular paint just slides right off.

IMG_2823.JPG
In other news, here's what I finished for the elbow pad, chest plate, and shoulder pad!

IMG_2815.JPG IMG_2824.JPG IMG_2825.JPG

Does anyone have experience painting on pleather / vinyl / pvc / vehicle upholstery?

I have a problem. I've run out of my original brown vinyl !!
When I went to the fabric store, I found this black vinyl with the exact same texture....but it's the wrong shade! The salesperson says the brown stuff is sold out. *sigh* So I bought the black vinyl in hopes that I could paint it.

However, spray paint leaves the vinyl all sticky and tacky even when it's supposed to be "dry." And regular paint just slides right off.
What spray paint are you using? I've only ever used brush on or airbrush paints on vinyls and haven't really had an issue outside of chipping off after a lot wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back