Email From Xbox, Concerning The Original Xbox Live Cancelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustang2500

Wassup? I was checking my Email as usual today, and read this very interesting message sent by Xbox to me.

On April 15, 2010, we will discontinue the Xbox LIVE service for original Xbox games playable on Xbox v1 and Xbox 360. In our continuing efforts to evolve the service, we need to make changes to the LIVE service that are not compatible with original Xbox v1 games.

What does this change mean for you?

• It does not affect your ability to play original Xbox v1 games offline, but does remove LIVE connectivity and support for online multiplayer, leader boards, and other online features of these games.

• We realize that you are an avid Halo 2 fan. Unfortunately, with this change, you will not be able to play Halo 2 on Xbox LIVE going forward.

• Although it is difficult to say goodbye to Halo 2, the Halo franchise continues as the benchmark for multiplayer gaming in this generation with Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, and soon Halo: Reach. On the Xbox 360, you will continue to have access to the LIVE service where you can enjoy hundreds of other LIVE-enabled games.

When will this change take effect?

• April 15, 2010.

What is Xbox LIVE doing for me?

• To thank you for being a loyal Xbox LIVE customer, we are giving you a free, three-month LIVE Gold membership and 400 Microsoft Points for you to use as you choose on Xbox LIVE.

• In addition, because you've been so loyal to Halo, we are inviting you to participate in the exclusive Halo: Reach Beta.

How do I get these offers?

• You will receive a token for 400 MS points. Check your Xbox LIVE account messages on the console. These points can be used for 365 days after you activate your token.

• We are extending your Gold membership by three months automatically. The extension will be directly reflected in your LIVE account.

• Finally, as the beta gets closer, you will receive an e-mail containing the code granting you access to the exclusive Halo: Reach Beta.

Thank you for being a loyal Xbox LIVE member. Please visit xbox.com/support if you have any questions or for more information.

The Xbox LIVE Team

:lol

So, did anyone else get this but of fantastic news?

*Checks e-mail* NNNNOOOOO!!!!! You lucky son of a... sorry... you lucky terd you. lol

oh well... wait my live is connected to my dads e-mail, or maybe my moms I dunno I am a stupid 13 yr old. I'll check tomorrow

Haha, alright. I'm not sure how I qualified for it, but probably because I played Halo 2 *once* on Xbox Live. But why argue with it, right?

I played alot of halo 2 before D:

I got an email but it only shows updates on xbox LIVE :(

sad face

I looked into this earlier when someone posted it elsewhere.

You had to of played Halo 2 recently, within' past 3 months or so.

HaloFreakX said:

I played like last week lol

Last edited by a moderator:
i was just playing around in my email when i was at lunch and i had an email from xbox saying got this thing also i was happy to glad to c that at least 2 people from 405th got this.

HaloFreakX said:

That can't be right... I haven't played Halo 2 (even offline) for months... (even more)

spartan-005 said:
i was just playing around in my email when i was at lunch and i had an email from xbox saying got this thing also i was happy to glad to c that at least 2 people from 405th got this.

Yay! I think since I've already got access to the beta with ODST, I'll just give the code to one of my friends.

(Or someone on here who has a little bit of 'spare' change :p)

There's a thread for this concerning the Halo 2 live. It sucks :( When i saw this i was like "NOOOOOOOOO!!" I thought microsoft wasnt going to do ANY xbox live anymore.

Lucky bugger! I once got an email from the live service that included a code for 2 free days of live (woot I'll play the reach beta for 4 days now!), but nothing like what you got.... Man, that's actually not too bad on their part. Better than just saying screw you guys, but we're shutting down the original live. :lol

Cheers!

Microsoft says screw you to most people. They acutally confirmed that over 50,000 xbox 360s are programmed to fail from right out of the box. They have nice stuff, i love them and their products, but theyre sooo greedy. They just want more money i think.

Aaron said:
but theyre sooo greedy. They just want more money i think.

Yep, it's all for money. It's pretty sad to think that's the whole reason for anything these days.

Also, I'm not completely sure about this, but Microsoft pretty much made the 360's to break. I mean, there's tons of people out there that found and fixed the problems they failed to correct - all for money.

Aaron said:
Microsoft says screw you to most people. They acutally confirmed that over 50,000 xbox 360s are programmed to fail from right out of the box. They have nice stuff, i love them and their products, but theyre sooo greedy. They just want more money i think.

I heard this joke once about Microsoft:

"Microsoft: Thanks for all the money, douchenozzle!"

lololololol

XD

I know, It's sad that all people want is money. Has anyone read the host? If you have it should all be like that.

If you still want to play halo2, you could always use an online system link server. I am a strong supporter of these guys: http://www.xbconnect.com

We host original xbox games especially H2 and H1. If you got a PC, broad band internet and a game console, then all you need is XBConnect. So what are you waiting for? Get XBConnect and get your Xbox or 360 online today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back