Emile build for Halloween

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masternewbie

Hi all,
It is Sept. 17th and my 10 yr. old says he wants to be Emile....does anyone still play Reach? just kidding.
Anyway, I feel a bit overwhelmed right now since it looks like I will need to build a helmet from scratch and possibly vacu-form a visor.
I have built simple armor out of eva foam, but I have never done pep or a visor.

I have used pep file and modified them, or briefly used them for sizing....but never a complete pep helmet with the hardener and fiberglass.

Does anyone have any ideas how to get the visor shape without pep? Start with a basketball lump of plaster and sculpt for the base shape?
I haven't seen any diagrams for the skull, do I do that free hand?

Any ideas will help.

Thanks,
Dan

Hey Dan!

I saw another user on here use a round plastic container (I'd guess it was for some sort of drink or food) as the lens for an Emile build. It wasn't quite screen accurate, but didn't look to shabby for something that takes little to no time to make. If you are going the vacuform route, pep will get you the closest and probably the most precise forming buck. I would assume you could sculpt clay into the shape and use it as a buck, but having never vacuformed before, I don't know if the clay would deform under the vacuum pressure or not.

As for the skull, I think your best bet would be to have a couple reference pics handy and freehand it.

We leave for school at 8am....costume finished at 7:45am! After an all-nighter of poor performing paint (Krylon apparently hates rustoleum) and then at around 2am....I grabbed some "white paint" which turned out to be white primer....how the heck did I do that! No wonder every coat was chunkier and chunkier...argh. Hot glue onto paint plastic doesn't work well either....I guess there were many errors in my late night build... all in all...for 2 weeks of actual building,....we got this....thanks to everyone at the 405th

- - - Updated - - -

this one a.jpg

Oh, and 3 days ago my son broke his ankle so I had to suddenly adjust his thigh and shin armor for the giant metal boot. :)

Dan

Attachments

• IMG_0333.JPG
    IMG_0333.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 255
Thanks! He went to school I slept for 2 hours, went to his school parade for all of 15 minutes in which his helmet was dropped by a classmate, poked at and prodded...since the kids all had costumes from Wal-mart and such. So I only have this ONE pose since I finished at the very.last.minute. I always do this and then I have 5 minutes to explain how to put this on, put this one last, etc.

So hopefully tomorrow I will do some repairs (the cracked helmet bondo will just be "battle damage") and take some pictures with wrinkled foam now. lol

Dan

I got the same lol I was the only one who made his own costume...It got destroyed lol...Deadlines tommorrow...wish I didnt bring it for a test run...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back