Energy Sword Template?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathwasp

Jr Member
Okay. So. I'm planning to make myself a simple cardboard energy sword at the moment. I figured I'd draw up the outline, cut it out in multiple layers, and be on my merry way.
The only difficulty being I can't draw.
Does anybody have a simple outline of the Energy Sword I can print off to use as my outline?

Please and thanks,

Deathwasp

EDIT:
Well, I've taken the pepakura file and modified it. Took some doing to make every piece fit on one page, but it's done. The sword is scaled to about half of the real scale, since I really can't be swinging a 1.5 metre chunk of fibreglass and resin around. I'll break things.

i dont think theres a template out there...you are going to need artistic skills here and if you dont have any, go for pep, cuz thats what im doing and it has a degree of depth in it, ie not flat as a sword but beveled...if you know what im saying.

its in the pep download file sticky.

AoBfrost said:
make sure you read stickies before you jump and start printing, DONT USE PRINTER PAPER.

Yeah, I know. I've been doing armor for quite some time and have already read all the stickies.
Wanted this little side-project to ESCAPE from pepakura, but that likely won't happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
AoBfrost said:
Yes it does, you just need cardstock, go to a office store.

110lb works great, but not all printers can print directly on it. I just print off the patterns on normal paper, glue it to the cardstock, and cut it like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most printers will print it, many have said their printer manual says it wont work, but they tested and it works fine. But If your printer manual says 100lb cardstock wont work, just print onto paper, and glue to cardstock.

Damn! I use normal paper, im 13, and i can't just walk over to office depot and grab some cardstock, also knowing im broke. =S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back