Status
Not open for further replies.

Falconeer

So, I'm wanting to make a set of ODST armor for use in Airsoft (ANSI-Rated eye protection being worn under a metal mesh visor for anyone curious) using the AndrewDFT templates, with some modifications to make them more accurate to the H3: ODST version of the armor. The problem is, while durable, BB impacts will certainly make a dent in the foam at medium range, and can occasionally break the surface at close range. To remedy this, I was thinking about applying a few layers of Truck Bed lining spray (Looking at Rust-Oleum and Herculiner), to give it a bit of rigidness and durability. Will this help? Will it fail horrendously? Any of you guys try this? Any help would be much appreciated. :)

I've looked into things like Line-x, but it seems far from cheap. I'm also worried about the scoring and fine details being filled in, unless I specifically request an EXTREMELY thin coating. Other than that, Line-x would be the perfect coating. I may be able to just widen the detailing a bit, but I'm not sure how I'd do that without using my Woodburner, which would probably widen it too much.

Last edited:
The 405th and Paintball/Airsoft

Please note that we do not discuss using our costumes for use while playing paintball or in place or in addition to protective gear for any sport. Our costumes are purely for fun and for no protective purposes whatsoever and therefore we are not qualified to provide advice on any of the following:

1. Making armor to wear during airsoft.
2. Making armor to wear over top of protective airsoftgear.
3. Altering airsoft gear by adding coloured film to visors which may in fact void your warranty.

You are more than welcome to share your build here, but any further discussions or mentions of using your costume as protective gear or over top of protective gear for any purpose will not be allowed or tolerated.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Division Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back