EVA Helmet (H3) (RvB Meta)

CollinMcCaf

Wanna see more? Be sure to check out CollinMcCaf's Model Repository!

Spent a considerable amount of time searching for a quality 3d printable EVA helmet so I decided to make my own. Heres the process I went through and the finished result

This has been printed by at least two people, myself included.
Be sure to appropriately scale before printing.

Recommendations:
Use at least 15% infill; I did 20% with a .4mm tip, .2mm layer height
Use your completed print to make a slosh mold, your helmet will be much stronger

**Untested visor creation method** For something with a visor this large, I'm going to make a plaster mold which when heated, I'll be able to press my warm plexiglas into (should make for some crisp lines)

-- Fun fact-- This model has 63,704 polygons!

EVA-4.png
EVA-2.png
EVA-5.png
EVA-1.png
EVA-3.png

EVA_P.jpgEVA_R.jpgEVA_B.jpg

Last edited:

mblackwell1002

Nice work so far! Looking awesome!

Unfortunately, there are not a whole lot of 3D printable helmets out there. It's awesome that you're making one! Will you be releasing yours to the public?

CollinMcCaf

I wasn't originally planning on uploading it but I suppose adding it to the armory would help others out, I don't see EVA builds often. Here's an update.
I'm still getting the shape just right, then I'll be able to do the detail work.
Capture.PNG

Last edited:

ReClaimer8015

Well, it starts getting together;)
Always nice to see a fellow rhino user(y)
I have the impression you could increase the height a little, the helmet looks slightly stocky in the front view.

CollinMcCaf

Well, it starts getting together;)
Always nice to see a fellow rhino user(y)
I have the impression you could increase the height a little, the helmet looks slightly stocky in the front view.
I've actually modeled the entire thing using the scale of the in-game model so it should be pretty spot on. In most of the reference photos the head is angled downward so you see a different profile.
I've angled the helmet down here like how its in game.
Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG

CollinMcCaf

Surprise! I finished the rough copy just now. Here's a link to the current model
Attached is the current model, if someone wants to clean it up further.. go right ahead

**Updated version posted below**

(Its not going to fit on most printers in one piece; I'm going to cut it up sooner or later.)
Special thanks to oniwolf for reminding me to do this XD
EVA_Helmet_Printable.PNG

Last edited:

TinyTim

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I've downloaded a couple of different models with garbage accuracy so this is an orbital resupply drop!

Looks beautiful! If my Magnum parts are done printing by the time I get home I'll start on this tonight!