Eva Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chriskimo

So this is my first project and it started out bad. lol. i folded it inside out, oops. it only took me about one day to pep, so im not to worried about it. but im at a bind on what to make the visor out of. i would like to make the visor completely see through. any way some suggestions will be nice and here is my progress.

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

The pep is decent, but you may want to go a bit slower next time :D

As for the visor I believe most people would vacu-form it but I'm not sure how or anything

Chriskim0 said:
So this is my first project and it started out bad. lol. i folded it inside out, oops. it only took me about one day to pep, so im not to worried about it. but im at a bind on what to make the visor out of. i would like to make the visor completely see through. any way some suggestions will be nice and here is my progress.

There is a smooth on product that might help you with the visor.

Crystal Clear

You would have to build the helmet with the visor, and cut it out after resining. Then smooth it out and make it a little thicker with bondo or

clay (there might be other alternatives). And you would need silicon or poly-uretan to make a mould.

I don´t know how much it will cost you, but it will be cheaper than building a vacuum table.

Edit: Just read that it´s for industrial use only. But maybe there are other clear plastics.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may Just be some stupid Noob... But..

For the Visor i would use something cheap (But good Quality) like this, and cut it to size:

Moto GP Visors Two Pack!

Not sure if it would work, because, as i said, I'm a noob.. I wouldn't really know.

But it's a good deal, 15 quid for two visors.

Edit: Just found out, can't choose the second colour, so it's pretty pointless, unless you can colour them somehow.

Looks like an admirable build.

Not many people take EVA as a project, even less as a first project.

I hope to see more progress.

Also I'm thinking of finding a large sheet of plastic, or something similar and shaping it with my heat gun.

So i can do EVA and security.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Saug846 said:
I may Just be some stupid Noob... But..

For the Visor i would use something cheap (But good Quality) like this, and cut it to size:

Moto GP Visors Two Pack!

Not sure if it would work, because, as i said, I'm a noob.. I wouldn't really know.

But it's a good deal, 15 quid for two visors.

Edit: Just found out, can't choose the second colour, so it's pretty pointless, unless you can colour them somehow.

But those aren't really visors, are they?

Technical Details
  • Official MotoGP Merchandise; PC film inserts that stick to the inside of helmet visors

It rather seems like these are films used to create a tint on clear visors.

Oh...

No wonder they seemed so cheap!

Anyway, that was stupid of me, Sorry.

Edit:

Here are some real Visors.. Could melt the edges and stick them together.

Visors!

Thanks for all the input guys. its really helpful.

computergeek

Posted Yesterday, 04:22 AM

The pep is decent, but you may want to go a bit slower next time

As for the visor I believe most people would vacu-form it but I'm not sure how or anything

ya i kinda rushed it, and the sheet of plastic is a good idea to mold it by hand. and like i said earlier and what u guys pointed out i rushed it and i folded it inside out lol

Chriskim0 said:
i rushed it and i folded it inside out lol

Happened to me when i tried to make a plasma pistol.

About 2/3 of the folds were backwards, so i had to scrap it.

Paper was too weak after removing hotglue and refolding.

:(

Bevbor has a smooth EVA helmet, but it's not as good as that other one... lots of cutting and glueing in his... I'll post it if you want to be insane though...

Balmung of the Azure Sky said:
man, use this helmet

EVA helmet

I already unfolded and the display is already attached to the crown

and it is much smoother

Balmung, thanks so much for posting that! I saw the pic of your build in one other thread, but could never find the file. This thing is gorgeous compared to the other and I can't wait to get my build on!! ~>WOOT<~

-M

A_Guardian said:
Happened to me when i tried to make a plasma pistol.

About 2/3 of the folds were backwards, so i had to scrap it.

Paper was too weak after removing hotglue and refolding.

:(

ya, lol, got about halfway done and said $^#% it and finish it. the fold guide in pep viewer has the fold labaled backward.

Boba Fett said:
Bevbor has a smooth EVA helmet, but it's not as good as that other one... lots of cutting and glueing in his... I'll post it if you want to be insane though...

sure why not im up for a challange. if you would

and one more thing i cant find any cardstock that is longer then 11". any suggestions on were to get longer cardstock?

thanks-Chriskimo

It's looking good! Good thing it fits you. Glad to know that there are other people building armor besides Mark VI and ODST. Keep it up!

cardstock comes in letter or A4. A4 is slightly longer. why do you need it longer? is syflo's A4 sized? the bevbor one I'll send is letter. BTW: what height should I pre-scale it to for you?

Boba Fett said:
cardstock comes in letter or A4. A4 is slightly longer. why do you need it longer? is syflo's A4 sized? the bevbor one I'll send is letter. BTW: what height should I pre-scale it to for you?

umm big. lol. i have a really big head. umm if i were to say about 8-9in around and 6-8in tall.

Easy way to make the helmet. Go to the Pet store and Buy a fish bowl. ALso awesome pep I peppe a Plasma pistol inside out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back