EVENT: (un-named) sci-fi con in Calgary, Sat.May 20, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedi Ranger

Member DIN
S777
This is a brand new event, and is still in the planning stages.

Operational staff at The Military Museums (TMM), have come up with an idea to draw more people in to the museums (yes, plural), and that is to host a sci-fi convention! They are VERY excited to host this, and already have food trucks lined up.

Primary groups initially invited for the planning meetings, include Star Wars, Star Trek, and Halo!! So the 501st, Rebel Legion, Mando Mercs will likely have representation there, and then several ST groups (based on Klingon or Starfleet) will also be present.

Various sets are planned, as well as green-screen photobooth!

I have also suggested a sci-fi armoury, to display weapons, props, an armour.

TMM also has a small theatre, and hope to show various sci-fi movies, including Forward Unto Dawn, as long as they can get permission from franchise rights holders!!

For those interested or able to attend, please sign up in this thread for ease of reference for Jedi Ranger.

Shoot, this sounds like it's going to be awesome...If only I had the plane money...spent a lot on the armour...funny how that works.

Damn, if only it was a month later I'd have been able to bring out some representation from the coast. Have fun boys and girls and try not to tease the Trekkies too hard.

Huh, apparently that's a thing according to Urban Dictionary. Today I learned.

I'll just take my surprised Trekkie self back to playing Star Trek Attack Wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back