Every Scouts Best Friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord Devious said:
Hello :)

I am glad to see you decided to make this out of wood. I like what you have done so far.

The spartan laser, is a high power laser used somewhat like a rocket launcher.

The piece on the front does indeed pop up, here are some references to help you:

129360-9.jpg

spartan-laser.jpg

im a pc so i cant play halo 3 or odst but those spartan lasers are different why is that

Last edited by a moderator:
soul products said:
im a pc so i cant play halo 3 or odst but those spartan lasers are different why is that

???? Xbox is made by Microsoft. Microsoft makes PC. ????

Anyway.....Nice Build. Im interested to see how you plan to make the vents pop out and the barrel cover to pop up simultaniously. If you make this work, I want to make one too!

Thanks guys, i think the hardest part of this whole build will be the cover mechanism makeing it pop up is going to be hard.

uh, double post, might want to delete one

but anyway, this is impressive considering you might actually finish it! I don't know if anyone has done that yet! Are you going to try and make it actually "fire" anything?

Fuzzy the Bear said:
???? Xbox is made by Microsoft. Microsoft makes PC. ????

Anyway.....Nice Build. Im interested to see how you plan to make the vents pop out and the barrel cover to pop up simultaniously. If you make this work, I want to make one too!

True about Microsoft and PC's, however they have yet to release Halo 3 and ODST for PC. Not really sure if they plan on it at all.

Back on topic, that Spartan Laser looks amazing. I may have missed it but is this going with MJOLIR or ODST armor?

Almost done - I have painted it and have been adding some finer details. Because im so impatient the mechanism for lifting the top cover wont happen. But someday i will get back to it. Here is the latest photo.

[attachment=14464:SSPX8679.jpg]

Memberg said:
Almost done - I have painted it and have been adding some finer details. Because im so impatient the mechanism for lifting the top cover wont happen. But someday i will get back to it. Here is the latest photo.

[attachment=14464:SSPX8679.jpg]

dude thats amazing, are you gonna be selling kits?

That laser is looking VERY nice! I guess if you are good with wood working, it would be better to do it this way. the paper stuff is such a pain in the arse! lol But also with doing it this way, you can bypass all the resining and fiberglassing! haha

Kepp it up. Can't wait to see it finished.

Oh, and do you think you might try and add a red light or anything?

Memberg said:

I like the letter stenciling! It's super clear.

That is looking incredibly sick!

This is the best sparten laser I have ever seen, so far.

thanks guys - all your encouragement helps. I will be adding electronics down the road. I have been working on a full suit so it will take a back seat as soon as all the painting is done. I will have an updated photo very soon.

This is just about finished the painting has come out ok - unfortunately it will not open and close as of right now but that can change later.

Here it is!

[attachment=14496:SSPX8687.jpg]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back