Exact grip measurement of Boomco magnum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mumgoot

Hey everyone,

So I've seen the boomco magnum and I see that it makes very viable replica other than the fact that it is too small. I have been thinking of buying one, but I hesitate because of the sizing. Can anybody who owns one give me the EXACT size of the grip of the gun? Then I plan on measuring my fingers to see if I could hold it correctly.

Thanks!

I don't know the measurements, but when I had mine, The grip felt normally comfortable, and I have relatively big hands. If you are wondering about size for comfortability reasons, It shouldn't be a problem. as far as size to game accuracy, I don't know how they compare.

Hey everyone,

So I've seen the boomco magnum and I see that it makes very viable replica other than the fact that it is too small. I have been thinking of buying one, but I hesitate because of the sizing. Can anybody who owns one give me the EXACT size of the grip of the gun? Then I plan on measuring my fingers to see if I could hold it correctly.

Thanks!

in inches or CM? ill update the post momentarily with the answer
Edit: its about 11 cm tall and at its widest point (looking from the side) is 5cm at its skinniest its 4cm. its about 2.5 cm thick

I don't know the measurements, but when I had mine, The grip felt normally comfortable, and I have relatively big hands. If you are wondering about size for comfortability reasons, It shouldn't be a problem. as far as size to game accuracy, I don't know how they compare.

Yeah, I know it isn't game-size accurate, but I'm not 7foot 5 and 250lbs, so being picky about scaling is almost silly. I have played with nerf guns and stuff, and the grip size isn't a problem so I should be okay. Plus I have thin bones.:D Thanks for the help. I saw your Noble Six helmet btw, and it's awesome! I love the peephole, it looks like a camera lens. And thanks for you Navy service, I have a lot of respect for you military guys.

in inches or CM? ill update the post momentarily with the answer
Edit: its about 11 cm tall and at its widest point (looking from the side) is 5cm at its skinniest its 4cm. its about 2.5 cm thick

Awesome, I'll just convert to inches because I'm such a typical American. Thanks for taking the time, I appreciate it.(y)

mumgoot well i can just send over inches measurement, i just am used to the more standard units because school
Edit: around 4.5 in tall, 2 in wide and 1 in thick

I also recommend that you get some gray and silver paint with your magnum, just my opinion.

Yeah, I planned on doing that for sure. Nerf modding is really fun. I sand off the logos and stuff and fill in the screw holes. Its very satisfying to turn a fake-looking toy into a convincing prop!:D

A fun trick you can do to make sure that you have the right size of things is to find an image and then either import it into your CAD flavour of choice or something like nifegun.com to compare the image of your choice with a known length. Luckily we have a known length in this case because there's a dart on the side of the blaster! All you then have to do is match up the dart type and use that as your scaling factor so that you can get any and every measurement you want!

Good side on image
untitled.png

All you'll ever need to know about BoomCo Darts
images.jpg

Yeah, I planned on doing that for sure. Nerf modding is really fun. I sand off the logos and stuff and fill in the screw holes. Its very satisfying to turn a fake-looking toy into a convincing prop!:D

I go the other direction, rip the guts out, make things better and then worry about the aesthetics later :lol:
12033077_10153681466117372_5486773472049238290_n.jpg

If I do up paint jobs it's usually super pretty.
22046183_10159272207215431_8350776276180585947_n.jpg

Thanks for the help everyone! I got a boomco magnum a few days ago and it fits my hand great actually! In the process of trying to make a removable magazine for it. I can fit one in the grip, the tricky part is figuring out how to retain and remove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back