Exercise to get into it : An Unexpected Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordhood32

So i'm creating this thread as a little chart of exercise to lose weight, i've given myself a goal to reach 160 pounds again if anyone wants to join and and do these exercises with me you're more than welcome, I've broken it into levels per two weeks

Starting weight 238.2

Level 1 - Recruit

20 push ups
20 sit ups
15 Jumping jacks
Plank for 30 seconds
Rest for 30 minutes - Re-hydrate
Ride bicycle for 4 miles - Re-hydrate when needed
20 sit ups

Level 2 - Cadet

30 Push Ups
30 sit ups
20 jumping jacks
Plank for 45 seconds
rest for 25 minutes - Re-hydrate
Ride bicycle for 4 miles - Re-hydrate when needed
30 more push ups

Level 3 - Private

40 push ups
50 sit ups
25 jumping jacks
plank for 1 minute
Rest for 25 minute Re-hydrate
Ride bicycle for 5 miles re-hydrate when needed
50 more sit ups

Level 4 Marine

50 push ups
50 sit ups
30 jumping jacks
plank for 1 minute
rest for 25 minutes re-hydrate
Ride bicycle for 5 miles re-hydrate when needed
50 sit ups
rest for 3 minutes
20 more sit ups

Level 5 ODST

55 push ups
60 sit ups
40 jumping jacks
Plank for as long as possible
rest for 30 minutes re-hydrate
Ride bicycle for 6 miles Re-hydrate when needed
20 push ups
50 sit ups
rest for 5 minutes
20 jumping jacks
20 sit ups

Level 6 Spartan

60 push ups
60 sit ups
50 jumping jacks
Plank for as long as possible
rest for 30 minutes Re-hydrate
Ride bicycle for 7 miles re-hydrate when needed
20 push ups
20 sit ups
10 jumping jacks
rest for 5 minutes
20 sit ups
20 push ups
rest for 3 minutes
10 more push ups
10 more sit ups

-----------------------------------------------------------
I'll be starting the exercise routine at 10am EST 6/18/2019

My brother and i just started a new workout regimen... maybe we'll adapt this as well.

Just a thought: Weight loss happens in the kitchen. Fitness happens in the gym.

Example, I once cut refined sugar from my diet and changed nothing else, and lost 15 lbs in 4 months.

So yeah, what the heck. I'm not sure how good I'll be at keeping it up but I'll give it a shot.

My brother and i just started a new workout regimen... maybe we'll adapt this as well.

Just a thought: Weight loss happens in the kitchen. Fitness happens in the gym.

Example, I once cut refined sugar from my diet and changed nothing else, and lost 15 lbs in 4 months.

So yeah, what the heck. I'm not sure how good I'll be at keeping it up but I'll give it a shot.
I've already adapted my diet already I've lost 20 pounds out of the weight the doctor told me too, so i decided to add more cardio and I've ran it by with him already and he agreed, now the thing i don't put into here is going to the gym, this is all things that can be done at home for those who cant afford/ go to the gym, such as myself at the moment due to engine issues with my SUV but i do agree with you on what you've said

I love that all your stuff can be done at home. Yesterday I started a thing at work where I stretch every 2hrs. I found out how much flexibility I've lost since highschool (which was already poor at best) and decided to do something about it the same day. I tried regular pushups for a few months once, I had a hard time getting past a cap of 50-55 pushups in a go.
Maybe I'll add some of these to my new stretching routine :), it'll all depend on how obnoixious I want to be in my small office room though. This morning my co-worker stretched with me, so we'll see.

I'll sell it to my boss as an effort to stay energized and focused throughout a long day in front of a computer, which isn't untrue.

Ah, yes! Our ridiculously circuitous plan to conscript other professionals into the 405th infantry is 1/8 complete!

Well done RandomRanger , well done!
Maybe I should build a costume too
- My coworker Matt last week

Is... is this... Fireteam... on the rails? This feels weird.

the fact that I cant even do the starting amount of 20 pushups might hinder my progress a bit...
well im going right now to try it.
wish me luck
Right now I'm not certain I could either. In my experience though, the first few weeks/month had the most growth and were very exciting, then things slowed down and it got harder to see improvement which ended up being too discouraging to continue. Anything you can do to mitigate that I think will increase your chances of success :)

So, I've read all this and what i can say is Sure you might not be able to do all that but the best thing is to try you'll hurt and you'll be sore sure enough i know my arms hurt from the push up and i'll proudly say i only managed to crank 12 out on the first day it's alright if you cant do it, just give it your best, it's like working with pepakura...baby steps

So, I've read all this and what i can say is Sure you might not be able to do all that but the best thing is to try you'll hurt and you'll be sore sure enough i know my arms hurt from the push up and i'll proudly say i only managed to crank 12 out on the first day it's alright if you cant do it, just give it your best, it's like working with pepakura...baby steps
I managed to do all just not in one chunk but my arms were definitely not thanking me afterwards. I also threw in some finger grip workout stuff. The workout went fast but was tiring.

Joining in. Was starting to do LIIFT4 from Beachbody, but it might be fun to add this on top. My biggest problem is definitely staying away from sweets, so that'll be hard, but I want to run a Tough Mudder next year.

(edit)
Day 1 Completed.
Did the Recruit level and added 10 squats at the end to get a leg focused exercise in.

For those wondering if they can/can't do 20 pushups, you can always modify as needed. Wall, incline, knee, half, etc. on your way to full pushups.

And remember:
Do your best and forget the rest - Tony Horton

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back