Explanation For My Previous And Continued Absence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xtreme TACTICS 101

Hey everyone,

I’m going to make this short and sweet (Reason why coming up).

I’ve been gone for the past week because my whole life has been blown apart before my eyes last week. Long story short, I was found mentally incapable for the Canadian Armed Forces, and also suffered from a bad accident at work from falling off a roof resulting in a bunch of stitches and a few broken bones. I have just been released from the hospital, and am now at home. Basically, life has been going in the $#!Tter.

So, as a result, I have to recover mentally and physically from my wounds I have received over the past week.

I apologize to those members I have promised to help nearly a week ago. For the first time ever, I will not be following through with my offered help.

So, good luck everyone. My presence will be limited here over the next weeks/month.

Jake

Xtreme TACTICS 101

That sounds terrible.

Hope you manage to get back on your feet. Life does have its $#!Tty moments, but they wont last forever.

Here's hoping you feel better soon :)

For a second I thought the topic was about abstinence, not absence. lol that was a bit of a mis-read. I hope things get better for you soon.

Sorry to hear that man I hope you recover fast. If you need any help with anything just say it.

Pat

Sorry to hear that Jake. I hope you get on your feet soon and we all understand that you can't always help others at that specific moment because life has its bad times. :D Get well soon!

Yeah i remember discussing with you about this on msn, and fell off a roof-DAAAIM, Hope you get better dude.

What does "mentally incapable" actually mean, in regards to the Canadian armed forces selection criteria? Unsuitable for combat? Childhood diagnosis of ADD/ADHA etc? Seems quite an odd conclusion (unless you have a previous conviction for violent crime or something similar?) Is there no appeals process? No grace period before reapplication?

hellfire said:
What does "mentally incapable" actually mean, in regards to the Canadian armed forces selection criteria? Unsuitable for combat? Childhood diagnosis of ADD/ADHA etc?

ADD might actually make sense... Having ADD, I know for a fact I probably couldn't take anything seriously without my meds... Which is bad when you're in a LAAV with a heavy machine gun and a rifle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, I'm back. I am still recovering, but I have recovered completely, can walk as well as I used to, just with a slight limp.

What had happened was I fell off a roof while helping my dad do some work on our house, and landed on some bricks. I had a compound fracture to my shin, 3 broken ribs, 4 cracked ribs, 21 stitches and one hell of a soar back and neck. Everything has healed/is healing properly, and a full recovery is speedily approaching. I've been told many times that this is the fastest anybody has seen someone recover from such a “nasty fall”.

Also, it appears that I was sent the wrong letter by the Recruitment Office. It turns out I am completely acceptable as a recruit, and am scheduled for Basic next summer. I would be going this summer, but they said they wanted my injuries to heal 100% before I started. Yes, apparently even the Military makes mistakes.

Anyway, aside from a small setback in my initial summer plans and a bit of a fall, I'm back and contributing at my traditional 110%.

Thanks for your kind words and prayers everyone. Its good to know I have supporters during this rough patch in my life.

I'll see you all on the forums,

Jake
Xtreme TACTICS 101

Thats great to hear, I am glad everything is working out, and guess what... Extra summer means more work on prop!!! J/k, lol.

seriously, do you people EVER check the dates on threads? Here this is for you...

ATTACH]

Attachments

• necromancy1.jpg
    necromancy1.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 194
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back