exploded model problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giedrius

Jr Member
Hello all,
curently im making a custome Gundam from Gundam 00 series,
i have few model in google skechup format,conveted then into 3ds format at my friends place (he has a pro version of shechup)
so i made my model out of variuos other model parts in 3d MAX, and after i export it into .3ds format i get this exploded view in pepakura. as for obj format pepacura cant handle it and chrashes.

what i am doing wrong? can anyone help?

here is pics how it looks like in 3ds max and in pepakura
f3f71b117848689.jpg 0eca46117848698.jpg

Export to a different file format. If the original is a .3ds file, export as .obj. If the file is .obj, export as .3ds, .lwo or .dxf. This should fix the coordinates issues. Max interprets the object pivot differently than pepakura. Search youtube for "3ds max pivot". There are some good tutorials showing how to adjust the pivot point of each object so things like this won't happen during export/import.

I think your problem is with each individual part having a different world pivot. Probably from when you moved the different parts of the Gundam to make your own.

When you move a part in 3D space you need to make sure the pivot point for every part is at 0,0,0 coordinates. That's the reference point that each part dictates it's position in space once imported into another 3d program (pepakura)

I'm not sure what the procedure is for this in 3ds. But in maya you can hold D and X to move and snap the world pivot onto the grid.

chaged all pivot points to same place, didnt work, made model to a group, didnt work, exported to buch a diferent formats that ether didnt helped :(

Then give me the file? I have time on my hands, if I can help figure this out then I will.

Edit: I'm a derp, just saw your PM.

EDIT EDIT:

File seems fine to me. Booted up the .OBJ file in Blender, all the parts fit together properly, and the file seems just the same in Pepakura. See for yourself:

gundamblend.jpg

gundampep.jpg

Not sure what the problem is.

mhm, seams like my 3ds files was corupded, and pepakura had problem opening obj file, but problem fixed,
thanks captain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back