Exploring a 3D pepakura model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OJ102

Hi there,

Im sure I cant be the only one wanting this but maybe im not using the right words.

Im trying to make a Mark 50 Ironman suit but the details in it are quite small for large sections of the suit. Ive been trying to find a way to explore the 3D model more on my computer, Pepakura seems to set a central point inside the model that you can rotate round and zoom in on, but for instance that means you cant get a front on zoomed in view of cheek details. Ive tried ArmourSmith too but that's no better, other then I can save the model.

SketchFab has the right idea but the lighting controls and texture make it very hard to use, and it requires uploads and internet all the time making it impractical.

Its just a viewer im after that would let me examine parts of hte model in more detail. I am on my 3rd version of my chestplate and cant settle on one as i dont like the curvature and details I'm able to desern.

Anyone have any suggestions?

If you have not converted it into an obj file, you will have to do that first. As far as trying to look at the details more closely with the model, you will have to view it in another 3d modeling program if SkethcFab isn't working out. A program like Blender could be useful if you don't have any Autodesk software.

I somehow never tried the middle mouse button before in Pepakura.. it alters the central perspective by dragging it... takes a little time to get it right but you can move very close to the surface to see curves

I somehow never tried the middle mouse button before in Pepakura.. it alters the central perspective by dragging it... takes a little time to get it right but you can move very close to the surface to see curves
That's true. However, if you move too close, you can go right through the model into the empty space.

Clicking with the left AND right buttons at the same time does the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back