Fallout 3 Downloadable Content Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

the stig

"Operation: Anchorage DLC reportedly features Fallout survivors taking part in the liberation of Anchorage from the Chinese Red Army via a virtual reality simulator.

"Operation: Anchorage focuses mainly on a combat/stealth path," said Bethesda DLC producer Jeff Gardiner.

"The Chinese red army is everywhere, and the player will first have to secure the surrounding mountain side and then fight their way into the Chinese base. The player will have to use a lot of their standard combat skills, along with several new tools that will only be available in the downloadable content. These include interactive Strike Teams under the player's command and unique armor, weapons, and other exotic gadgets," continues Gardiner. "
From Actiontrip.com

Today on the Xbox live marketplace, You can buy for 800 MS Points, The Fallout 3 DLC Operation: Anchorage.
I will be buying this soon, I want to know who else has got it, Or will be getting it.

I think 800 MS Points is quite deer, But for 5-6 Hours of extra gameplay and story I think it may be worth getting.

Go to XBOX Marketplace, Search Games, F, Fallout 3, All Downloads, And it should be at the bottom.

Share your Thoughts.

I'll be getting it, but probably not for a while since I don't have my own copy of Fallout 3 (borrowed it from a friend before) and I just spent the last of my points on the Force Unleashed temple pack (which by the way was not worth the 10 bucks... not by a long shot).

I also might start a new character before I play the expansion because on my last game I kept completing quests long after I hit the level cap, and so all of those experience points were wasted.

Downloaded it =]

Is great, You can get a team with snipers, Sentry bots, Close assaults, and command them, its awesome!
I cant wait to unlock the T51-b Winterised Armor.

Bought it, downloaded it.

Started a new character to have some fun with, so I won't actually play the DLC until he gets high enough level..

I agree that 800 seems a bit much for an expansion, but I'll pay it! I enjoyed the game a LOT and since I bought it used, I think I owe it to the devs to pick up the DLC. :)

I've been waiting for this! Excellent...now I just need my paycheck.

And I think 800mp is fair. Of course it'd be nice to get it cheaper, I'd say its fair.

I ended up getting the DLC after all. I'm having fun with it so far, but it's a totally different feel from the main game. There's no need for inventory management or foraging for gear, nor repairing broken weapons or armor. Aside from the inclusion of VATS, it's pretty much just your standard FPS. Squad management seems interesting, though I haven't gotten much chance to play around with it yet.

A couple of gripes: I don't believe the level cap has been raised with this expansion. Also, so far I haven't found a way to leave the Anchorage quest line and get back to the Wasteland. Sort of frustrating, because I was really hoping not to finish the entire expansion in one sitting.

p0rtalman said:
I really should buy fallout 3, how does it compare to Oblivion?

To preface:
I'm a HUGE fan of Oblivion...I absolutely LOVE that game. I own it for both the Xbox and the PC, got all the expansions, messed around with add on packs, and have somewhere around 200-300 played hours between the consoles. Basically I've played it to near death on many occasions, spanning several years lol.

All that being said, I *might* like Fallout 3 better. It's the spiritual successor of Oblivion to me. The story is of course radically different, but Fallout 3 provides a new/improved brand of wasteland justice that takes what I loved about Oblivion and creates a nuclear love child.

I'll bounce back and forth between the 2 because the story is so different...but both these games are a 10/10 in my book (and I'm really picky about FP RPG's).

If you liked Oblivion, it's a must buy. My only regret about Fallout is that I didn't buy it the day it came out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to bitch slap Bethesda for being mildly retarded... cause it's not coming out for PS3 >:\

Keep your PS3 opinions to yourself BTW

That's a bummer ;_; (I love our PS3). I wonder what their rationale was on leaving one console out like that??

I conveniently bought my copy for the Xbox over PC/PS3 just for the achievement factor. Anchorage looks really cool...everyone should get to play in sum o' that nuclear snow =\

I think it has to do less with Bethesda not liking PS3 then the cash Microsoft gave them for exclusive goodies. (Besides they mentioned 2 months before the game came out in an interview that PS3 would recieve no extra content for the game)

BTW played Anchorage and it was awesome. I thought it funny and appropriate that the simulation was basically the head researcher's personal super video game console. It makes sense in the way that all the goodies were set up and some of the equipment that was used. Also having 2 T-51b's in the game rocks.

Anybody else automaticaly get Power Armor training with completing the sim?

The ´Power armor training comes automatically after the quest, according to fallout wiki.
Darn, I HATE YOU MICROSOFT!!
I would have to be 18 to get OP Anchorage.
Now I'm pissed.

JustME

I beat it the first day i got it. It was awesome, though i was disapointed that you didn't get the winterized combat armor in the main game. that is my favorite armor.

To preface:
I'm a HUGE fan of Oblivion...I absolutely LOVE that game. I own it for both the Xbox and the PC, got all the expansions, messed around with add on packs, and have somewhere around 200-300 played hours between the consoles. Basically I've played it to near death on many occasions, spanning several years lol.

All that being said, I *might* like Fallout 3 better. It's the spiritual successor of Oblivion to me. The story is of course radically different, but Fallout 3 provides a new/improved brand of wasteland justice that takes what I loved about Oblivion and creates a nuclear love child.

I'll bounce back and forth between the 2 because the story is so different...but both these games are a 10/10 in my book (and I'm really picky about FP RPG's).

If you liked Oblivion, it's a must buy. My only regret about Fallout is that I didn't buy it the day it came out.
Sounds like ill have to get it then :D Thanks Vex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back