Fallout 4 X-01 Armor Build!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badkitty

Member DIN
S327
Hey everybody!!!

WARNING THIS POST IS IMAGE HEAVY BUT WORTH IT!!
IMG_5539.JPG

I got this crazy idea one day playing Fallout that I wanted to make an Enclave version of the X-01 armor and wear it around during Halloween. So it took me 8 months give or take to build it up. The back plate rests on a hiking backpack frame made from aluminum and of course it is fiberglass over cardstock. Now I used 110 mil cardstock for this build and 175mil for the helmet, since the helmet needed to stay EXACTLY, like it was during the resin process and in the pictures you will see way.

Now I will EMPHASIZE THIS THING IS HUGE!!!

It is not easy to wear and after about 300 hours into modifications I decided to wear it to a Halloween party at a friends house. I'm not going to lie, it is very HEAVY, hard to move around, near impossible to see out and IT SUCKED!

But who cares if it sucked as long as I looked good!! And I did look very good! It scared the pants off some many people it was great!!!:):D:p:cry::cry::cry::cry: ROFL!!!

So here it is folks!!! The coolest ever evil government agent armor for that post-nuclear survivalist!!!
IMG_5544.JPG

IMG_5542.JPG

IMG_5531.JPG

IMG_5211.JPG

IMG_5203.JPG

"Sir I'm here to inform you that your taxes are VERY overdue. I have come to collect on behalf of the IRS so if you could please step outside this can be resolved rather quickly and painlessly for both of us. Please don't struggle it will just make it harder on everyone. Thank you for your time now let's get this over with."

IMG_5228.JPG

IMG_5249.JPG

"Way thank you, see that wasn't so hard now was it."

Here are some close up shots of the helmet.

IMG_5197.JPG

IMG_5193.JPG

I hope you all like it!! I don't think I will ever wear it again since I have to have a helper to even walk around but I might put it on a dummy and place it somewhere during the next Halloween party!!

I just recently started working with fiberglass resin, and I respect anyone who can keep their fingers unglued to each other long enough to make armor.
With Halloween over are you thinking about bondoing it baby bum smooth?

Wow!!! Amazing work. The helmet looks like a mutant vacuum that attached itself to your head!!! I love it!!! I need it!!! I want one!!!!

Wow!!! Amazing work. The helmet looks like a mutant vacuum that attached itself to your head!!! I love it!!! I need it!!! I want one!!!!
I'm glad you like it!! The best part of course is the helmet, that alone took me 3 weeks to build!!

I'm glad you like it!! The best part of course is the helmet, that alone took me 3 weeks to build!!

It looks great, but...

WHAT!?!? HOW?!?! WHY!?!? THAT IS INSANE AND PLEASE TELL ME THAT INCLUDES DOWNTIME AND NOT 504 hours straight through!!!

Attachments

• tenor (3).gif
    tenor (3).gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 262
It looks great, but...

WHAT!?!? HOW?!?! WHY!?!? THAT IS INSANE AND PLEASE TELL ME THAT INCLUDES DOWNTIME AND NOT 504 hours straight through!!!

I agree, that is an amazingly short amount of time for that particular looking helmet.

Ever since I started making my halo suit, I've started to look at fallout power armor (and other models in games) with a whole new light. Specifically the T-60, I've been thinking to myself: "Dayum! I wanna make that!" I'll eventually get to making power armor myself.

What you have done here is no small feat, since a lot of time and effort goes into making something like this. Especially if the whole thing is made out of fiberglass and resin, and I can definitely see how it would weigh a ton!

I hope I get to see you make a new suit of armor out of foam.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back