Fallout 4 X-01 Inspired EVA Foam Armour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zyzgy

Hi, here are a few shots of my first-ever foam build (first build of anything to be honest). I did this for the Timequake Steampunk convention (in the UK) over the Easter hols this year. I started the build in January. I bought the helmet (a box of un-finished parts, but good quality) off an Etsy web site as I realised doing it all would have been impossible in the time I had. It was very well received at the con, just need to get it out at a few more cons to make all the effort worthwhile! It's not finished, but was good enough to show off. I have more photos I can post if folk want to see these and a few of the "in production" stage.

75ae61a3-05f1-43b0-81b9-92f5a5b9168e.JPG IMG_1906.JPG IMG_1902.JPG

Hi, here are a few shots of my first-ever foam build (first build of anything to be honest). I did this for the Timequake Steampunk convention (in the UK) over the Easter hols this year. I started the build in January. I bought the helmet (a box of un-finished parts, but good quality) off an Etsy web site as I realised doing it all would have been impossible in the time I had. It was very well received at the con, just need to get it out at a few more cons to make all the effort worthwhile! It's not finished, but was good enough to show off. I have more photos I can post if folk want to see these and a few of the "in production" stage.

View attachment 254649 View attachment 254650 View attachment 254651
That turned out really nice! Excellent job! You should build yourself a gatling laser!

That turned out really nice! Excellent job! You should build yourself a gatling laser!
Hi. Thanks. Oddly enough, one of the inspirations for the build was a YouTube video "X-01 Power Armour , Gatling Laser , Fallout 4 Cosplay , London MCM Comic Con October 2017". I would have loved a weapon from in game but I was pushed for time so I bought a Nerf Havok as you can see in the pics and that had to suffice. I would really like the mini-gun though, so that might be the next project! Thanks!

Last edited:
Amazing job! The only thing is it might look better with weathering, it looks like you don't have it but mabye I just can't tell.

View attachment 254649 View attachment 254650 View attachment 254651

I may not appreciate your allegiances but damn do I love a good Fallout costume.

Fear the bear.

Amazing job! The only thing is it might look better with weathering, it looks like you don't have it but mabye I just can't tell.
Hi, I was so pushed for time - I was spraying the last item at 8am on the Friday morning before leaving at 10am for the convention! Currently it's just Plastidip. I've weatherd small bits before , but nothing this big. I will need to readup/watch a few more videos! Or, I could just claim it's come out of the local power armour paint shop! Thanks :)

Hi, I was so pushed for time - I was spraying the last item at 8am on the Friday morning before leaving at 10am for the convention! Currently it's just Plastidip. I've weatherd small bits before , but nothing this big. I will need to readup/watch a few more videos! Or, I could just claim it's come out of the local power armour paint shop! Thanks :)
That's the spirit! It looks awesome either way! Check out Punished Props on youtube for some cool tutorials. The released a few weathering tutorials a week or two ago, it might help you out! :)

Also, if you're interested in a really nice 10mm cast, check out Hit Box Workshop on Etsy. His casts are really nice, i have one on the way myself. Fallout 4 10mm default pistol RAW cast
He's a friend of mine, and his props are top-notch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back