Fallout T-45D Power Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

7H3LaughingMan

I have been a long time lurker watching everyone else and learning from videos and such not, but recently I decided to go all out and make my own set of Fallout T-45D Power Armor. My personal choice of doing this for my first suit instead of Halo is because of the fact that making your own modifications to something like this actually makes it stand out more and is also feasible in your own Fallout related stuff.

Well to start off with I am currently only in the process of making my own models by editing I believe a model taken out of Fallout 3. Most of these models contain to much detail for things you shouldn't have pepped.

Reference Picture:
Fallout_3_PA.jpg

T-45D Helmet Model:
Helmet.png

Helmet-2.png

Helmet-3.png

The helmet actually has all the fine details removed along with some of the other parts that are going to be attached onto the helmet itself using other materials. I also had to simplify the mouth part since it originally was overly complex to be pepped at all, mostly containing a lot of 1mm strips and such.

A few ideas I had for adding onto the armor.
  1. Using real hoses for the side parts of the helmet to run a water line hooked to a Camel Bak Bladder to help conceal it.
  2. There is a little box that is on the back of the helmet near the base of the skull that I can conceal batteries to help power electronics in the helmet such as fans.
  3. Butchering a Jabber Bluetooth Headset and having it integrated into the helmet.
  4. There is a section on the left forearm that is perfect for creating a little box to hold my touchscreen phone, to have a miniature Pip-Boy that doesn't suck.

Anyways, the helmet part took roughly 3-4 hours to fine down. Tomorrow I plan on separating the other parts of the model and start removing the details I don't need.

Attachments

• Fallout_3_PA.jpg
    Fallout_3_PA.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 576
  • Helmet.png
    Helmet.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 242
  • Helmet-2.png
    Helmet-2.png
    24 KB · Views: 246
  • Helmet-3.png
    Helmet-3.png
    45 KB · Views: 221
Helmet-Battery.png

Quick Update, finished this part the last night. This is the little box like thing that is on the base of the helmet in the back. My idea is to make it open-able via some hinges and using this for the batteries to power the electronics in the helmet.

Attachments

• Helmet-Battery.png
    Helmet-Battery.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 214
sweeet. Wanted to do one of these a while back, never got around to it.
Also, instead of double posting, try to just edit thr previous post :)
You'll have to hit the "Go Advanced" button in order to get it to work properly though.

TorsoHelp.png

TorsoHelp2.png

Alright, I have officially ran into my first snag. I have most of the torso section finished however I am having issues trying to clean up around the neck hole. On the model itself it has faces that intersect other faces with certain parts that are there own and not connected to the rest of the torso.

This part in particular has the torso create a simi-round hole in the armor and then has the collar part put together and smacked right on top of it. Thus on the inside there are parts that stick through, since there collar isn't connected to the rest of the armor in the model it makes it so I can just remove parts.

Does anyone know in Blender how I can go about selecting the faces and for it to compute the intersections and make an edge there?

Attachments

• TorsoHelp.png
    TorsoHelp.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 228
  • TorsoHelp2.png
    TorsoHelp2.png
    41.8 KB · Views: 207
Yes you bolean join it. But they need to be 2 diffrent objects.
Just shift D to make a copy and make it have the 2 parts you need. Then select both models hit W and choose intersect.

I am using Blender 2.5.5, so "W" doesn't do anything along that line. But I did figure it out after looking how to do boolean operations in it. In Blender 2.5.5 doing intersection actually takes the 2nd object and does the intersection parts and turns the first object into what was intersected getting rid of the rest. The 2nd object was the part that isn't intersected now.

But I figured out if I did the boolean add operation it added the collar onto the torso and got rid of the intersected parts and made it match up nicely.

umm just so you know, if you were to post the pep files here when you are done, you'd be my hero! or at least tell me where to find the models...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back