Fan-Made Halo Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvalera11

OK me and a couple of guys want to make a Halo Series (somewhat like redvsblue, band of brothers, or maybe just episodes i guess) this summer,

each episode would probably be like 5 to 10 min. long each.

The plot is still undecided between me and my friend (a soon to be director himself), but what we both agreed on is that we will have UNSC Marines, ODST's and possible a Reach Model of a Spartan fight the Insurrectionists (Innies or Rebels in the Halo Universe), its going to take place sometime between Harvest, and before the Fall of Reach.

We got alot people, including friends and family, helping us out.

We are going to be Using Adobe Premiere CS3 for this film, because thats about the only program we somewhat know how to use.

But heres my questions to you, the 405th members who know something about Premiere.

Are the following effects possible on Adobe Premiere

-Bullet Tracers

-Muzzle Flashes

-Blood Flying or any type of Blood effect for that matter

-Lazer effect just like the Spartan Lazer

-Plasma rounds

-Explosions (both Grenade and Rocket Laucher size)

-Dirt popping up i guess from a bullet

-or any other effect that could help us make this series better for that matter.

I know there are tutorials online, but I haven't really found any really good relating to these effects that i wanted

well, i just about it, if you guys could help me out that would be great

I'm of no help here, but definately look that stuff up in google. Or find michael bay. and the dirt popping up could be from a mortar or land mine. i think some of those things could be done such as blood, or the dirt part.

Try these its a site full of explosions and blood. Just chroma key them and put them where you want. I also making a movie but I don't have that many people as you. I only have 4. Sounds good and I can't wait to see how it turns out. I hope it helped. If you have anymore detail questions just go ahead and ask, i'll try and get the answer for you.

Aaron said:
I'm of no help here, but definately look that stuff up in google. Or find michael bay. and the dirt popping up could be from a mortar or land mine. i think some of those things could be done such as blood, or the dirt part.

yeah i did and i didn't come up with much results bro, and no Aaron i'm not goin to using a real mine or mortar LOL i don't know if you actually meant that

The King Cobra said:
Try these its a site full of explosions and blood. Just chroma key them and put them where you want. I also making a movie but I don't have that many people as you. I only have 4. Sounds good and I can't wait to see how it turns out. I hope it helped. If you have anymore detail questions just go ahead and ask, i'll try and get the answer for you.

DUDE thats what i wanted!!!! That site has everything!!! My only question is do you want to use a green screen for all of them?

Lord Devious said:
All those effects are possible in adobe After Effects.

Good luck with the project.

Adobe After Effects, thanks i'll look into it

Last edited by a moderator:
rvalera11 said:
DUDE thats what i wanted!!!! That site has everything!!! My only question is do you want to use a green screen for all of them?

Adobe After Effects, thanks i'll look into it

Do some experimentation and find what works best, I personally would never take anyone's word when it comes to video effects.

And Adobe After Effects is fantastic, if you get far enough into the filming process to need it, buy it. It's a great software if you know how to use it (read: Google tutorials = profit)

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
Do some experimentation and find what works best, I personally would never take anyone's word when it comes to video effects.

And Adobe After Effects is fantastic, if you get far enough into the filming process to need it, buy it. It's a great software if you know how to use it (read: Google tutorials = profit)

Downside is that After Effects isn't on the cheap side.

Nintendude said:
It's not on the cheap side but it has better features than Premiere

After effects has different features, not neccessarily better features. The two programs are made for different things. Premiere is used to edit video and After Effects is obviously used for special effects. Now, you can edit in AE, but it is very basic and doesn't have the correct tools. Comparing the two is like comparing apples to oranges.

If you do decide to use After Effects, I suggest you go to VideoCopilot.net they have over one hundred free tutorials on how to make many different effects, smoke trails, muzzle fire, Blood splats, a Heads Up Display tut, Asteroid crater animation, Composites, and the most useful; Green Screen. They also sell awesome effects packs that I would highly recommend if you want to go all out.

Good luck in this, I can't wait to see the results,

-Devious

Lord Devious said:
If you do decide to use After Effects, I suggest you go to VideoCopilot.net they have over one hundred free tutorials on how to make many different effects, smoke trails, muzzle fire, Blood splats, a Heads Up Display tut, Asteroid crater animation, Composites, and the most useful; Green Screen. They also sell awesome effects packs that I would highly recommend if you want to go all out.

Good luck in this, I can't wait to see the results,

-Devious

YEAH THANKX ALOT I MEAN IT BRO!!!

I asked one of my friends who directing the whole film about, and he says he has it, and thankx for the website it will be used to its fullest potential.

And i just to let you know we are going all OUT on this SERIES!!!!!!

Hi,

If you need my help i am an intermediate/pro at

-photoshop

-after effects

-premiere pro

-3ds max

-blender

Regards

CoRRupt3d

CoRRupt3d said:
Hi,

-photoshop

-after effects

-premiere pro

-3ds max

-blender

Regards

CoRRupt3d

Examples of your work would help redeem your trustworthiness after that fake Halo game charade.

Good luck with the series. I've got some scraps you can have if you want them, PM me if you're interested.

CoRRupt3d said:
Hi,

-photoshop

-after effects

-premiere pro

-3ds max

-blender

Regards

CoRRupt3d

First off... you don’t need Photoshop or 3DS Max or Blender. After Effects works amazingly well if you know how to use it. I went to film school and learned how to use Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Liquid, and Adobe After Effects and I still take refresher classes every year to keep up on them. if you are looking for something a little more user friendly I would suggest EffectsLab Pro made by FXHome. It's really user-friendly and will only cost about $150.

I wish you luck dude.

What would be really funny for an episode is that you should go to Atlantis Lazertag in SD, in your costumes and cusing at each other and other funny $#!T :p

No Problem man,

Video Copilot is great, we used their tutorials (free and paid for) in IT class and we made some pretty crazy stuff. The skills you will learn in these tuts will give you a great foundation to do way more.

I believe my school used the action movie essentials effects pack, and the riot gear pack. The effects are of excellent quality and are really easy to use. You may also want to get one of their tutorial sets as there are several more advanced skills included there that aren't used in the free tutorials.

After seeing your amazing armor work, I have full confidence that you guys will be able to pull off a great series. If you need anything from voice acting to wooden weapons and props built, feel free to PM me, I would be glad to help in any way possible.

Keep up the Awesome,

-Devious

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
Examples of your work would help redeem your trustworthiness after that fake Halo game charade.

Good luck with the series. I've got some scraps you can have if you want them, PM me if you're interested.

WHOA I don't know what happened there but I'll be happy to take the scraps you have to use as reference, or something to findle around with.

OH and thankx :)

Lord Devious said:
No Problem man,

Video Copilot is great, we used their tutorials (free and paid for) in IT class and we made some pretty crazy stuff. The skills you will learn in these tuts will give you a great foundation to do way more.

I believe my school used the action movie essentials effects pack, and the riot gear pack. The effects are of excellent quality and are really easy to use. You may also want to get one of their tutorial sets as there are several more advanced skills included there that aren't used in the free tutorials.

After seeing your amazing armor work, I have full confidence that you guys will be able to pull off a great series. If you need anything from voice acting to wooden weapons and props built, feel free to PM me, I would be glad to help in any way possible.

Keep up the Awesome,

-Devious

Don't worry after i have a lil practice with it, i'll start getting those packs you recommended, and yeah filming doesn't start a long time from now, so i better start practicing then, and yeah thankx for ur offer man really appreciate it

If we do run into a problem, and need help i know who to PM

OK I've been doing some thinking and i believe i have a few questions

I was wondering if i need to make some dummy parts for the armors, so like when we land flat on the ground with our chest armor, it would crack or worse, cause a slipspace rupture through the space time continuenum (Yeahhhh, wish i knew how to spell right) :D

Well Seriously now... if i can strengthen key area parts like the knee cap for the ODST or the Chest for all armors i think it would be alot better.

I just don't how other then BONDO BONDO BONDO!

If you guys got any ideas, in where it could possible to strengthen the armor so it could go through a certain level of hell and punishment let me know

Aaron said:
why not buy some plastics? flex foam it works very nice for not cracking :)

Not when all of your body weight is focused on the piece, and plus materials to finish pieces made of that are very expensive.

I'd recommend a dummy suit, but how you'll keep yourself safe from cracks caused by the fall is beyond me. Might just be better to avoid those, if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back