Fanime Con 2012 Who's going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NayrDeath

So Fanime is coming up soon and I was curious if anyone else will be attending. It's going to be at the San Jose convention center in San Jose California May 25-28. For any further questions visit the web page www.Fanime.com

It's an anime convention in California. One of the largest ones on the west coast if I'm not mistaken.

I'm there every year working on the Rover security staff, so if you happen to swing by to get a prop peace bonded, please say hi! I'm often stuck behind the scenes as the evening shift lead, but I'll try to take some time to make it out on to the floor.

I was there this year and had a lot of fun! Of course I went in my spartan suit :)!

It was great seeing you there. Unfortunately I was far too burned out from personal issues in addition to staffing that weekend in order to take photographs or make arrangements for any sort of gathering, but I fully intend to make a proper event out of Fanime in 2013.

Follow us at the 405th California Group to stay up to date

http://www.facebook.com/405thpacific?

318224_10151001325302323_12397516_n.jpg

403487_10101345859443693_533641934_n.jpg

It's a shame none of the Cali halo-ers really use this site. My loss though.

It's a shame none of the Cali halo-ers really use this site. My loss though.

I prefer using Facebook to keep us organized. However I will check 405th.com more regularly and ensure all events, gatherings, etc. are cross posted here.

California FB Group

Edit: It seems they're reorganizing the forums. If there were a forum for regional organizations, etc. that'd be great. ;) *hinthint*

Yo, I'm from California!! What site are you taking about?

Also, where is this Fall you guys are talking about?

I was refering to the Cali Halo Facebook page.

I prefer using Facebook to keep us organized. However I will check 405th.com more regularly and ensure all events, gatherings, etc. are cross posted here.

California FB Group

Edit: It seems they're reorganizing the forums. If there were a forum for regional organizations, etc. that'd be great. ;) *hinthint*

I get that forums can be a bit of a cluster..dance. Facebook is just something I don't have the time or concern for personally. But the bummer to me is that there seem to be a lot of people there who don't participate on the forums here. A lot of other states/countries have loose congregations here and so I feel a bit like the lone duck. It'd also be cool to have more people active on this site in general. But people have their reasons and I'm cool with that.

It would be neat to meet you guys sometime, though it seems most people are in socal. Norcal people don't seem to be as into this, more into wine and lawyering! Thorssoli lives near me but that's the only one I am aware of.

I'm actually up in Norcal as well. I've been to Fanime since 2003, or whenever the last year it was at the Santa Clara con center was. :)

I'll try to keep our group thread little more up to date in the future:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/18904-California-Halo-Costuming-Group

Organization and tools is definitely the biggest reasons I prefer to use FB to manage.

Keep in mind you can still check our FB page for events and the like without registering for an account.

I look every now and then, but it's a lot to keep up with. The mass of daily chatter is what keeps me away from facebook and twitter, so I tend to not remember to look more than once every month or two. I could always try and rally up the cali kids here! But I need to finish a darn piece first!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back