Favourite Film

Status
Not open for further replies.

danova

Each of us has a favourite film. I suggest to talk here on this theme... To tell about the favourite cinema...

My favorite movie would have to be Avatar. I found myself lost in the scenery and in the movie itself.

Hmm lets see....Last year I would be a toss-up between Avatar and the Hang Over. Favorite Movie in general would be Empires Strikes Back.

My favorite movie of all time would have to be The Nightmare Before Christmas, but my favorite recent film would be District 9 (I know I didnt say Avatar like everyone else is going to, shocking!)

Favorite Movie, huh?

Hmmm, Do adult movies count? lol jk :p

To be serious, my favorite movie IS NOT AVATAR! Almost 3/4 of all of the people here are probably going to say Avatar.

My favorite movie has to be Saving Private Ryan. It's just so bloody awesome! It always makes me sad at the end.

-Pony

I have a couple favorite movies:

1. The Warriors (Yes, the one about the gang)

2. SW: a New Hope.............well.....they all are my favorite

3. The Wild One (with Marlon Brando)

4. Batman (With Michael Keaton)

5. Edward Scissorhands

just to throw it in, WORST MOVIES:

1. Newest 2003 Peter Pan.

2. Popeye with Robin Williams

3. GI Joe!!!!!!

Hands down AVATAR. i saw it twice and i plan to see it again. almost every scene i lost myselfe in. my favourite scene would have to be the thanator chase scene. you see first hand Pandoras powerful and savage nature.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best movie of all time!!!

Brian's Song

But there are so many great films.

Miller's Crossing

One Hour Photo

Apocalypse Now

Something Wicked This Way Comes

Amadeus

The Adventures of Baron Von Munchausen

Willow

Good Morning Vietnam

A Thin Red Line (much better than Saving private Ryan. the first 45 minutes were amazing in SPR but then Hollywood stepped in and add in movie cheese)

Natural Born Killers

Papillon

The Game

And one I can watch over and over... Solider. "What are you going to do?" "I am going to kill them, I am going to kill them all" A movie with an overly simple plot but great story telling.

Oh and I have to admit Marley and Me put me to tears... I hated that movie but it still ripped my heart out. I only say I hated it because I had to put my dog down three weeks earlier and Titus was exactly like Marley except Black.

SO I like movies that tell good stories and don't tend to follow the main stream. For example, I saw Aramageddon in the theater three times. It was fun, and it was entertaining, but when I bought it and watched it at home it was horrible. It was Summer Hollywood cheese. (Independance Day, The Rock - granted the bathroom standoff scene is still amazing)

I believe Avatar is also cheese and that is probably why I haven't seen it yet. I've read the script and it's predictable and nothing happens that I haven't seen in the Trailers. I'll get to the theater eventually to see it but if I don't I won't care too much about it. I am however waiting for my Gangs of New York to come in on Netflix... That is also a great movie!

Peace,

I would have to say Avatar, for now... Because it's the only one I feel like watching again. But maybe Out Cold, that was great...

Or maybe even the Halo movie, even though it hasn't really been in production yet...

My all time favorite is the Fantastic Planet (or La Planète sauvage). This movie is so important to me, it was such a strong emotional experience, that I consider it a part of my soul. For full effect, watch it alone, at night, with no lights and noises Of any kind. It's an animated sci-fi drama/thriller movie.

Trayler: My link

1. Iron Man :p

2. Dark Knight :D

3. Sherlock Holmes

?. Avatar

NOT Avatar. While the special effects were simply AMAZING, I still don't understand why JC couldn't come up with a more original story in 15 years of developing it. However, that's not to say that I didn't like it. It's by far the most visually astounding movie I have ever seen.

Is it just me, or is anyone who is working on an Iron Man costume watching the "suit-up" scene over and over and over?

Iron Man never gets old. :D

Dark Knight and SH were awesome too.

---Stonewall

i would have to say my fav recent would be a toss up between Sherlock and Daybreakers

i know not Avatar(not enough plot, although it was "pretty")

Hmmmm.... The Dark Knight, Inglorious Bastards, and X-Men Origns(just for the Ryan Reynolds scene of Deadpool).

The worst movies have to be Spider-Man 3 and Transfomers: Revenge of the Fallen.

Mine would be...

1.Lord Of The Rings (all three were amazing)

2.Dances With Wolves (had me in tear but good movie)

3.August Rush (oh so good)

4.Lethal Weapons 1, and 2.

5.The Patriot

6.Saving Private Ryan

7.Avatar

8.Gladiator

Oh almost forgot, band of brothers are my fav...

@chwbbc

Thin red line didn't really do anything for me (mind you i watched it a long time ago), i mean it was pretty good but personally saving private ryan or maybe the flags of our fathers... Even BAND OF BROTHERS! Lol...

Cheers, Dave..

So many serious or quasi serious movies!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that my favorite movie is supertroopers, its almost too much funny to be contained in a single movie!

Donnie Darko, definitely. It combines science fiction and romance, and succeeds. The story is amazing, the characters are nothing but realistic... It pretty much just shows all that it means to be a teenager, in a beautiful and interesting way.

i did think i have a top favorite film, not yet.

my favs the hold a tie are

Star Wars (all)

Star Trek (some i forgot the names of)

HotFuzz

Kingdom Of Heaven

Saving Private Ryan

and the list goes on.

XxCALIBERxX said:
@chwbbc

Thin red line didn't really do anything for me (mind you i watched it a long time ago), i mean it was pretty good but personally saving private ryan or maybe the flags of our fathers... Even BAND OF BROTHERS! Lol...

Cheers, Dave..

I loved the first part of Saving Private Ryan... It made me feel like I was actually there... My grand father told me stories of that day, while he wasn't on that beach, he was further North. The scene that got me in a Thin Red line was the moment one of the guys hits the ground, and he sees a Bee land on a flower. The violence set in against the fact that the world goes on as we try to kill ourselves was amazing. And the Scene where the one guy always talks about his girl and how she was the only thing getting him through the war, then he gets a letter saysing she is leaving... and the next scene he's killed. Rough!

Flag of our Fathers in on my Netflix, I can't wait for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back