Female Suit Of Armor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimi cat76

I apologize if anyone has done this already... but is there any PDO files that are close to the female spartan suit shown in this resin cast? it would be much appreciated. im VERY new to this, LMAO like tonight new XD im really bad with casting and such any help would be much appreciated ^^

oh no its not mine =P i do wish i could make the suit of armor though but i have no idea how to use pepakura besides viewing and printing.

I was going to direct you to Ithica's video, but it appears you've already found and posted in it. I do believe they made molds, if you really want to go that route.

However, being a stickler to accuracy, I personally would avoid the over-the-top-I'm-a-girl armor and go with building a MKVI suit and modifying it to make it "feminine" if necessary.

D; That's just me.

And if you're wanting to start on something for practice, I would suggest perhaps something a little easier first. Handplates are always a great place to start.

Welcome to the 405th! And huzzah for another DFW member.

um.... i forgot who made them but there was someone who made pdo files similar to this... you should try search it. (sorry, i don't remember the person's sn, but it was something like: balzung....something. yeah...)

thank you! HEHE there seems to be a lot of people from texas here, i like that :D i was wanting something feminine yet practical too. i had envisioned 3 phases of the suit. the first is the armor but in full body suit, then halfway with the chest area and belly showing (with helmet on), then what i call *mistress chief swimsuit edition* which is the one that the model looks like in the pic. i have a friend whos familiar with casting in silicone so maybe i can get her to help me. i have been working on a mini master chief helmet just to practice on, but i think ill go with your suggestion and do hand plates. i am still VERY new to this lol. but i have always loved halo and always wanted a suit of armor. so i thought the statue was perfect! thanks again for your comments and suggestions ^^

Don't apologize too much about being new to things. This site has been great about helping newbs find things and help them out along the way. I am somewhat new to the Halo stuff myself. While my other half has been into molding/casting/designing alot longer than I have he has helped me learn ALOT. The mods and other members on here are AWESOME!! Being a female myself my husband and I wanted to make a female armor suit that is sexy. I do not know if you saw the Sexy Spartan Thread a while back, but that's what we're working on for my suit. I am not the artisitic type, so hubby was in charge of designing it from my feedback. We haven't gotten a chance to mold it yet, but it's getting the time that's the problem. We will be sure to let everyone know when we do get it molded though. However for right now I am going through the Pep files and practicing my pepkura skills so that I have other armour pieces like gauntlets and such. My first PEP was my hubby ODST backpack; it was on another thread. I am in the process of learning how to mold and cast things right now myself. Personally I like certain Halo armour, but I wanted a distinctive female suit. I wish you the best of luck and always get excited when I see other females on here talking about their stuff or what they want to do. Just curious what part of Texas are you from? That's where my husband(newspartancreator) and I are from.

I have been wanting to do something like that myself, but I am kinda stuck on whether I want my belly showing or not. I have actually been altering my pieces to fit me better since I am a girl and pretty much all of the pep pieces are scaled to fit a guy better.

If you're really creative, you could just try and alter the pieces to fit you better and look more feminine. For my shoulder piece, I actually used 2 different pep files and pieced them together. It came out okay in the end.

Were you wanting something to look exactly like the figure? I know I want my armor to look like most of the statue, but I just don't want the torso to look like that and I am making a different helmet. Plus since I am doing hayabusa, my torso can't exactly look like that anyways! :p

But good luck with your project whenever you decide to start it. :)

It almost looks like a normal chest that was scaled way down and had a large hole cut in the middle. That's how I would think to do it.

WOW seeing everyone elses armor on here makes me feel like crap already, i could never do that good T.T. yes for the most part i would LOVE to have it exactly like in the pic. i think i have a weird body though LOL. i am 5 foot 4 and i have a long torso with short legs and well umm big boobs HAHA so its gonna be a bit of a challenge to try and get this the right way. i know absolutely NOTHING about sculpting, molding etc... my uncle has made cars from the ground up by hand so i may ask him too but i dont know how well he can do humans. it may be a fun project for us both ^^ at the moment i printed out some PEP files and am 3 pages away from having them all cut out. i started out doing the hand plates but then kept staring at the helmet O_O. LMAO so now i have it in my head to make the helmet XD man id be proud just to have the pieces all glued in place =P im from DFW. i grew up in arlington but i currently live in fort worth. i am about to be a newly wed on october the 16th =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back