Femalespartan's Odst / Dare Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice build so far. Can´t wait to see more. you inspired me^^. Quick question though: How do you plan on making your visor stay in place? I`m peping a recon helmet right now and I need some ideas for when I´m done fiberglassing it. Good luck on your build.

All the best,

5chnitz3l

Rock said:
Looks nice. Keep up the good work, and for this Cali boy it is cold and wet atm...

Thankss! :]

Alex spartan177 said:
FemaleSpartan:

Hahaa you wanna come to the UK? Goshh you must be crazy buddy! Its always freezingg over here and there's lots of rain! :]

But youu gotta try our awesome London buses if you do ever get the chance, and maybe our kickass telephone boxes. Wow, that's actually all I can come up with! And fish 'n' chips, but I bet you can get them in America anyway! I wanna do a road trip around America someday, it seems so much more interesting than the UK :]

Anyway good luck with any builds you got goin' on! :]

Thamks xD

good luck to you too

Hahaa thanks buddy! :]

darth wombo said:
nice Dare

love it!

Why thankyouu :3

I'm thinking of making an ODST bucket too, what do youu guys think?

The Stig said:
Sup You :)

Any more progress?

Decided to have that sex change yet ;) haha.

Keep me updated, Seeya round :)

Much love

-Stig

=]

From Dare to normal ODST = sex change hahaa!

(Not literally guys, you're probs all worried now hahaa!)

I was thinkin' of building normal ODST gear too, cause I just love that helmet <3

Anywaay, no updatees atm, just had no time hahaa! Which is a pain >.<

RUNNING INTO LIGHT AREAS IN COMBAT FTW :]

Rook said:
Sadly, I could only get "regular" letter sized cardstock in my area. But... it's yellow! Okay, not a good alternative to the

A4 size. ;)

Near as I can tell mine printed the same size. I don't know if my printer will handle A4 size actually.

I suppose I'll need to try sourcing some again to try it for certain. I hope to start pepping

later this week. Had to rebuy all my cutting materials yesterday (self healing mat, x-acto, ruler, etc.)

because mine vanished during the kitchen remodel.

I blame one of the 'Stealth Brutes' from ODST. ;)

Awww goshh what a pain! I bet that was frustating! Dya think they stole your stuff when the kitchen was fitted?

Shame about the paper too, I mean I know our printers can print both A4 and Letter :/

Anyway, best of luck! I got my fingers crossed for ya! Lemme knowif I can help with anything elsee :]

pinkpunkjw said:
Don't ever think that you can't do something until you try. I never really thought I could either until I started looking at all the members on here doing it; moreso for me because I am female. I have only done one pepakura so far and that was my hubby ODST backpack. I'm working on another one now for my suit. All you need is time and patience.

Amen to that! So true, I was the same when I first started – especially with the stages like resin and bondo!

Femalespartan everything looks AWESOME and I can't wait to see more updates and pictures to go along with it!!

Thanks so much! :]

putenschnitzel said:
Nice build so far. Can´t wait to see more. you inspired me^^. Quick question though: How do you plan on making your visor stay in place? I`m peping a recon helmet right now and I need some ideas for when I´m done fiberglassing it. Good luck on your build.

All the best,

5chnitz3l

Aww wow thankyou! I don’t think I’ve ever inspired someone before!

The usual method of sticking a visor in place is pretty basic – just use some extra strong glue like superglue! Here’s a tutorial for the dual-layered visor like Master Chief’s, there should be plenty of info in there about sticking that visor in! I’ll have a good read of it and get back to you ASAP :]

Here: http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2021

Quick note, I'm sorry that I haven't updated in a while! I just joined the Air Training Corps so that takes up a lot of time! I'm doing my best to keep going with this, and I promise to answer questions or help anyone who needs advice - I'll MAKE time for that! :]

However, I do have someething to show youu - part of my Art coursework! Sorry for awful picture quality, you must be getting used to that on this thread hahaa!

This is basically just an acrylic painting that I'm working on at the moment - some of the colour shades aren't quite right at the moment so I gotta work on that.

IMAGE_684.jpg

Closer shot:

IMAGE_685.jpg

It's only on paper at the moment, however I'll be doing my final piece on a canvas..if anyone here likes this, I'm thinking of doing a few custom ones for people when I get the time :]

Last edited by a moderator:
HaloFreakX said:
That's amazing!

..Air Training Corps? Sounds like some important stuff.

Good luck!

Aww thanks! I seem to spend more time drawing than I do building XD

Hahaa yup! Its like the equivalent of your USAF, only British - its just Cadets that will go on to be in the RAF :]

Thanks again! :]

Ooooh. Nice painting!

...Haaa. British Chair Air Force.

What exactly do you do in that training corps thing?

FemaleSpartan:

It's only on paper at the moment, however I'll be doing my final piece on a canvas..if anyone here likes this, I'm thinking of doing a few custom ones for people when I get the time :]

i hope you make one for me because it looks really good xD

Queen said:
Ooooh. Nice painting!

...Haaa. British Chair Air Force.

What exactly do you do in that training corps thing?

Hahaa thanks!

We do flying scholarships, marksmanship, field craft, radio communication, drill, sport, loadsa stuff! We're a part of the Ministry of Defence so we have all the military standards...we go on to be in the armed forces at about the age of 20 unless we go to university :]

So the Navy's stolen you?! Lmaoo! The Navy is one of my choices if I don't get into the RAF :]

Alex spartan177 said:
FemaleSpartan:

i hope you make one for me because it looks really good xD

Aww thanks! I'd like to paint lots of them for people, I just gotta try to find the time hahaa! :]

teletron1 said:
I notice the women armor builders can draw I wonder if there is a connection hmm... That picture looks brilliant :D

Awwww thankyouu! I think I do more drawing than armour building hahaa! I'd love to get back on track with the build though, I keep getting sidetracked with things hahaa! :]

Sgt Spaz said:
loving the art work!!

Thankyouu! :]

sierra092 said:
Where have you been Sgt! Got any updates for us? :p

Thats some awesome artwork there female spartan.

Nawwww thankss :]

Sorry about the lack of updates people! I'm so slow at this :]

A girl who goes to cadets and does Air Training Corps, and I bet I'll still thrash her at airsoft :).

You best be bringing some mates :D

I know there is probably a thread with the answer to this but just havent found it yet. After fiber glassing, do you bondo both sides of the armor, or just the outside? PS your armor looks really great, keep up the good work.

Regs117 said:
I know there is probably a thread with the answer to this but just havent found it yet. After fiber glassing, do you bondo both sides of the armor, or just the outside? PS your armor looks really great, keep up the good work.

The Outside. Good Job with your build!

Wow! Hello again 405th! :]

I'm SO SORRY that I've been pretty much non-existant here lately, I've been slipping behind with the Source along with my build because of studying, which I'm sure a lot of you can relate to, damn GCSEs :]

Anyway, I'll cut to the chase; while I was gone I fixed up a leg piece, not much for a few months but it's better than nothing I guess :]

Here you go:

SDC10080.jpg

Sorry, ya'll gotta twist your head :]

SDC10083.jpg

Please let me know if I can help with anything! I've missed talking to you guys :]

Wow, You're back!!! :D

And I know studying sometimes suck, that kept me from doing my builds :lol

As you can see many people joined lately and everybody is SUPER-DOOPER excited for HALO:Reach!!!

And as you can see I moved to Florida!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back