Femalespartan's Odst / Dare Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sgt Spaz said:
haha a little rain never hurt anyone!!

awsome job =]

the gauntlet looks good to me:)

i was gona say this to you on face book a moment ago but i got worryed ya wuldnt no who i am haha

keep up the good work!

Why thankyouu! Hahaa, of course I know you on facebook! :)

sierra092 said:
the gaunlet looks fine :) so does the rest of the armour. Be careful with those knees though; I pepped one and it feels fine but up on my knee it looks very small with the shin guard, so i have to make 2 more abit bigger.

Your doing the Weta one? o_O

Hahaa thankyouu! I see what you mean, it looks about the right size against mah knee but I'll have to see what they look like with the shin guards (the pieces of which are all over my bedroom floor hahaa!) And yeahh, it's kinda gonna be a hybrid, like a mix of weta and game version...I changed my mind about these gaunlets so they'll be the newer, smoother versions :)

Thanks for the advice!

The Stig said:
Ahh, you and Richard are gonna work on something? :eek

Cooool, Do want.

Gimme a hint :)

Scaling on forearm could be a tad smaller, just saying this because with Dare, you have no shoulder plates, so the forearms, if too big, will look massive compared to your arms.

Hahaa yep, he's got an unfinished Marine helmet that I'll EVNTUALLY get round to picking up from his house, the hopefully we'll work on some ODST gear :)

I'm changing the forearms to the game versions anyway, I mean I love these ones but I have a feeling they'll look a bit odd with Recon hahaa! I'll keep them for when I do an ODST lid :)

Col. McBride Tyson L. said:
Nice work, Looks good, Keep up the good work.

Thankyouu :]

Artek said:
izzat a landfall weta gaunt?

It sure is! They were really nice to put together, I'd reccomend them! ;]

Great progress! How long did it take you to assemble the Recon helmet?

Hahaa thanks! I'd say it took around 4 hours in one go; the smoothed version is really easy to assemble! I think it's on the wiki, would defo reccomend it :]

i love your work femalespartan keep us updated

love from California

-Alex

Aww, thankyou Alex Spartan! :3

Wow, California! You lucky thing, I bet its gorgeous over there! I'm jeleous! :)

If I can help with anything, just let me know guys! :]

Last edited by a moderator:
oohhhh

you have a lovely build going on here :]

i definitely cant wait to see more :]

hows it been lately anyways?

imma have to play some more ecksbawks live with ya soon. :]

The build is looking great! I just hope it's not raining to often (who am I kidding? it's the UK!).

xxFemaleSpartanxx said:
Hahaa thanks! I'd say it took around 4 hours in one go; the smoothed version is really easy to assemble! I think it's on the wiki, would defo reccomend it :]

Thanks! I'll definately check it out. I wonder why nobody has made a smoothed ODST helmet pep file yet?

I was really on the fence about doing the Recon helmet until I saw the pics of yours. Well done!

WOW NICE JOB KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!! I would love to be able to have the time and nerve to glue all thoses Pepakura patterns toghter cant wait to see the final product I would love to have an ODST armor!!!!

Femalespartan, When you scaled your Recon helmet, what size paper did you use? When I did mine, the long pieces that wrap around the sides

had to be printed on two pieces of paper because they were too long to fit a standard letter size page. :(

FemaleSpartan:

Wow, California! You lucky thing, I bet its gorgeous over there! I'm jeleous! :)

it sure s gorgeous but is too hot and sometimes i dont like to be hot,(i get sweaty xD), right know is

kind of cold and i like it that way :], i hope one day if i have the chance i will try to go to the UK :]

Again love from California xD

-Alex

Alex spartan177 said:
it sure s gorgeous but is too hot and sometimes i dont like to be hot,(i get sweaty xD), right know is

kind of cold and i like it that way :], i hope one day if i have the chance i will try to go to the UK :]

-Alex

forgot to mention El Nino, lol, just sayin.

xXBattle RifleXx said:
oohhhh

you have a lovely build going on here :]

i definitely cant wait to see more :]

hows it been lately anyways?

imma have to play some more ecksbawks live with ya soon. :]

Kwame! Hahaa thanks man!

Mygoshh we should definately play some xbox soon, I miss the laughs hahaa!

Kitty Cat Dance FTW! That was so EPIC! :]

pooper said:
The build is looking great! I just hope it's not raining to often (who am I kidding? it's the UK!).

Aww thanks Pooper! Hahaa I'm sure the rain is out to get me...every time I try and do something with the build, it starts raining! I think I've gotta wait until after winter now 'cause of the stupid weather...but at least I can get some more pep done!

Thanx again! :]

Rook said:
Thanks! I'll definately check it out. I wonder why nobody has made a smoothed ODST helmet pep file yet?

I was really on the fence about doing the Recon helmet until I saw the pics of yours. Well done!

No problem! I thought that too, a smoothed ODST helm would be awesome!

Thankyou for the compliments :]

Artek said:
ive almost got my smoothed one all done!

Nice one! I'll be sure to check up on your progress! Good luck :]

ODST #4793 said:
WOW NICE JOB KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!! I would love to be able to have the time and nerve to glue all thoses Pepakura patterns toghter cant wait to see the final product I would love to have an ODST armor!!!!

Aww thanks! It definately takes some patience but once you get the hang of it it gets to be like second nature hahaa! Let me know if I can help in any way!

Rook said:
Femalespartan, When you scaled your Recon helmet, what size paper did you use? When I did mine, the long pieces that wrap around the sides

had to be printed on two pieces of paper because they were too long to fit a standard letter size page. :(

Ohh noes! Well I was pretty lucky 'cause I didn't have to change the size of the helmet...I just sort of printed it and hoped for the best! Luckily it came out fine!

In the UK we always use A4 sized paper so the pieces all fit on okay...Does your printer take A4 paper? If it does, I'd reccomend buying a pack of A4 and printing on that instead of letter size.

If not, I'm not sure what to suggest! I didn't realise that the US used different paper sizes until I joined the 405th so I'm useless at this sort of thing...I'm sorry I can't be of more help!

Only other thing I'd say is, check that the settings for your printer are the same settings as the ones on pepakura (on the configuration tab); maybe that's affecting it.

I hope you can get it sorted! Lemme know if you do! :]

krad2004 said:
SWEET!!! Awesome build!!! Well done!! :)

Thankyouu! :]

Alex spartan177 said:
FemaleSpartan:

-Alex

Hahaa you wanna come to the UK? Goshh you must be crazy buddy! Its always freezingg over here and there's lots of rain! :]

But youu gotta try our awesome London buses if you do ever get the chance, and maybe our kickass telephone boxes. Wow, that's actually all I can come up with! And fish 'n' chips, but I bet you can get them in America anyway! I wanna do a road trip around America someday, it seems so much more interesting than the UK :]

Anyway good luck with any builds you got goin' on! :]

FemaleSpartan:

Hahaa you wanna come to the UK? Goshh you must be crazy buddy! Its always freezingg over here and there's lots of rain! :]

But youu gotta try our awesome London buses if you do ever get the chance, and maybe our kickass telephone boxes. Wow, that's actually all I can come up with! And fish 'n' chips, but I bet you can get them in America anyway! I wanna do a road trip around America someday, it seems so much more interesting than the UK :]

Anyway good luck with any builds you got goin' on! :]

Thamks xD

good luck to you too

Sup You :)

Any more progress?

Decided to have that sex change yet ;) haha.

Keep me updated, Seeya round :)

Much love

-Stig

=]

Ohh noes! Well I was pretty lucky 'cause I didn't have to change the size of the helmet...I just sort of printed it and hoped for the best! Luckily it came out fine!

In the UK we always use A4 sized paper so the pieces all fit on okay...Does your printer take A4 paper? If it does, I'd reccomend buying a pack of A4 and printing on that instead of letter size.

If not, I'm not sure what to suggest! I didn't realise that the US used different paper sizes until I joined the 405th so I'm useless at this sort of thing...I'm sorry I can't be of more help!

Only other thing I'd say is, check that the settings for your printer are the same settings as the ones on pepakura (on the configuration tab); maybe that's affecting it.

I hope you can get it sorted! Lemme know if you do! :]

Sadly, I could only get "regular" letter sized cardstock in my area. But... it's yellow! Okay, not a good alternative to the

A4 size. ;)

Near as I can tell mine printed the same size. I don't know if my printer will handle A4 size actually.

I suppose I'll need to try sourcing some again to try it for certain. I hope to start pepping

later this week. Had to rebuy all my cutting materials yesterday (self healing mat, x-acto, ruler, etc.)

because mine vanished during the kitchen remodel.

I blame one of the 'Stealth Brutes' from ODST. ;)

haloguin said:
I could never pep it looks so hard

Don't ever think that you can't do something until you try. I never really thought I could either until I started looking at all the members on here doing it; moreso for me because I am female. I have only done one pepakura so far and that was my hubby ODST backpack. I'm working on another one now for my suit. All you need is time and patience.

Femalespartan everything looks AWESOME and I can't wait to see more updates and pictures to go along with it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back