Few Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumyavillian

Just a few questions.

1. How do you change the printout of Pep files into a cardboard helmet?

2. How do u create the "cast-metal" helmet

3. what is weathering?

4. uhm...wtf? no really you guys are SICK

well I can answer #3. WEathering makes ur armor look like it's, well weather beaten and not pristine like your a noob spartan. I would say, take a sponge brush, spray silver spray paint on it then lightly and quickly brush over the edges and defined areas to make it look like chipped paint.

EDIT: waht the heck do you mean by question four?

Make armor? Open Pep, open armor part you want to make, scale it, print, cut, score, fold, glue, resin, fiberglass, bondo, sand, bondo, sand, sand some more, paint.

rumyavillian said:
lol question 4 is not a question dont worry about it

how do u make ur armor??
Welcome to the forums. To avoid raising the ire of the 405th.com armor making gods, may I suggest reading the stickies. Twice, if you can. Also, check out WIP (Work in Progress) threads, they will answer quite a few of your questions. For more specific things, use the search to attempt to find an answer. After that, fell free to post your questions. Welcome, and good luck with your armor.

Here's the Noob Forum Sticky index. Enjoy!
New Members Start Here Please

Last edited by a moderator:
May I also reccomend crackhead's video tutorials for pepakura found in the "armor related videos" section as well.

Otherwise, welcome to the forums!

the 'cast-metal' method is probably a little advanced for ya. First off, you need a furnace running at 2100+ degrees, something to mold from, casting sand, etc etc. Not something I'd consider tackling, and I do metalwork for a living.

Humungotron said:
the 'cast-metal' method is probably a little advanced for ya. First off, you need a furnace running at 2100+ degrees, something to mold from, casting sand, etc etc. Not something I'd consider tackling, and I do metalwork for a living.

it seems interesting to learn tho. meh some other time.
first i wanna get a Halo armour ready for Halloween time
and this site showed me some sickk armours
i have 4 months to get this done

i have a few more questions

1. when i add Resin Fiber Glass to the Cardstock paper, will it make the paper hard?

2. see each fold have a specific number. how do i connect each peice??? can someone post a link to a tutorial on that?

Humungotron said:
Not to mention that there would be some serious weight issues with a cast Mjolnir helmet. To get it light enough you'd have to do some serious metallurgy and engineering. He may be referring to the "metal look" weathering that some people do. :D

rumyavillian said:
i have a few more questions

1. when i add Resin Fiber Glass to the Cardstock paper, will it make the paper hard?

2. see each fold have a specific number. how do i connect each peice??? can someone post a link to a tutorial on that?
Go to the Pepakura and Cardboard Armor section and read all the threads labeled as "sticky." At the very least, you are expected to read them and learn to find the answers using the search function of the boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back