FFA series number 3 - MA37

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaween

Hi all.

So here it is, a MA37. Designed and modelled by Michael Flanagan as a commission for me, I converted the original full-working-prop version into a semi-static one for everyone to enjoy.
The open design of the MA37 makes this one a bit of a pain to print, you will need to add some extra reinforcement afterwards to make sure it will withstand cosplay conditions. (or print a bunch of support, leaving it in place where needed).
Still, it's one of my fav models. I kept the removable mag and the removable Tac light (dummy is included, but you can easily change it using a real light, or you can modify the plastic dummy).
I quickly included a long and a short version of the shoulder pad, so you can choose which one you want, or even create your own solution for an adjustable one.
Ammo counter space has been hollowed out, so you're free to insert some kind of light up ammo counter solution too.

I will, in due time, create a better version of this which doesn't rely as much on manual reinforcement or extensive support print, but for now : here's the MA37.

Donwload link : https://1drv.ms/u/s!AthGBSmTyQOPgQ633u7DCOnKPDQ4

As always, have fun with this, use it as you want.

Pics of a previous version of this one, taped together just before it left for the new ODST awaiting his/her prefered tool : (unprocessed, and I see I even forgot to take away at least some support in the detail pic :D)

Tech info : ABS+ print (eSun Silver) @ 240°C, Bed temperature at 110, 0,15 layer heigth, 3 wall thickness, 25% infill. Printed on an oversized selfbuild Hatchbox clone. 4 parts for the gun, and some "small stuff" including the mag. Total printtime : a bit short of a week.
To cut to the size of your own printer hardware, I recommend Netfabb Basic

PS : no peg/hole system in this one. as the inside of the open design of the MA37 doesn't permit much to "drill in". :D
PPS : next up ? Halo's signature gun. :)

Attachments

• gunview.jpg
    gunview.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 1,126
  • detail view.jpg
    detail view.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 1,111
  • ammo counter space.jpg
    ammo counter space.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 926
  • magview.jpg
    magview.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 1,046
This looks great! If only i had a 3D printer....

TBH, there's movement in that area, meaning, I was contacted a couple of weeks ago by one very friendly US based 405th member who's interested in providing a printer service for people not owning 3D machines, within the PrintPool frame : I'll let him do the honors in terms of announcements and status updates as I don't want to put stress on the mans' back, but to those without 3D machines in the US : "there's hope". :D

Not my problem. Not my gun. :D
But if/when the new owner is nice enough to post ready-pictures, I'll share them here.

Looks awesome. Look forward to seeing what it looks like in Simplify3D and potentially on my printer bed. Been looking/waiting for a good Halo Assault Rifle to print. There's a couple of toys on Thingiverse, but nothing that made me think were worth even a test print.

Looks awesome. Look forward to seeing what it looks like in Simplify3D and potentially on my printer bed. Been looking/waiting for a good Halo Assault Rifle to print. There's a couple of toys on Thingiverse, but nothing that made me think were worth even a test print.

As I said, it's a bit of a bitch to print (with all those empty spaces) but printing it in S3D can solve a lot of these issues by the way S3D handles support and lets you manipulate it.
Especially in terms of "keeping the barrel slid openings clear and clean", S3D is a saviour. Most other slicers will simply dump that stuff full of support and be done with it, leaving you to carefully remove the support from the INTERNAL parts of the model.

My advise for the time being : slice it up to whatever your printer feels comfortable with, and then add some structure support just above the barrel level.
If you get into issues with that, contact me and I'll process the part for you or anyone having issues with it.

Sorry about necroing an old thread, but I have a question. I noticed you mentioned the ammo counter space is hollow. Do you have any recommendations of where to start looking for making my own ammo counter?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back