Fiberglass Resin Fumes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bioburn

I have a mask but how strong is fiberglass resin fumes? Because I am not sure if the mask is strong enough to block out powerful fumes...

get a NIOSH approved mask for fumes and vapors from a hardware store, they cost only like 20-30 dolllars. Much cheaper than using a doctors mask and getting a lung infection that cost 600 dollars to cure.

link4044 said:
just hold your breath......read the product recommendations

Haha, like I can hold my breath for every section of fiberglass...ill just get the respirator I saw at home depot...

But are you serious?

Last edited by a moderator:
ill agree with link, ive been working around this stuff for several years in the auto industry and making the master chief suits, and ive never had any problems, just dont fiberglass in a closet and you should be ok...

work outside, upwind, and the fumes arent that strong. you will KNOW when you are smelling it, the scent gets burned in your nostrils (lol look at me)
Polyester-based resins and bondo smell the same, be careful, they both smell bad, and you will need a respirator to combat them.

I REALLY recomend you working outside making easier to lose the fumes. after you're done working with fiberglass resin or fumes might be in your close un notice so wash them seperatley or Use my method and buy a 2 painters suits and after you're doen with working with fiberglass throw them or keep them or wash them. i usually would rinse them then wash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back