Fightstar's Armor Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other thing I am unsure about is EOD and these biceps. EOD armor has different shoulders and I don't think they go with the ones I have here. Is there a separtate set of Biceps for EOD?
You need to grab the lower shoulder pep files.. #7 and #8 here:
http://halocostuming.wikia.com/wiki/Pepaku...al_Detail_Parts
And attach them to the EOD shoulders. As far as how they sit:
http://405th.com/forums/index.php?automodu...si&img=1032
It's rather... out there. It'll likely require some ghetto attachment on the inside between the two.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vrogy - Thanks for the help. Sorry for the late reply just had my head in the Pepakura for a while. :p Also you or 'TheRob" have my number call me and we can get together on that ODST. I'm down to help and learn from you guys. Fightstar =Team Player

Speaking of Pepakura! Here is my Mark 6 Bicep. I got the scaling right on this one and it fits like a dream. Many thanks to Vrogy, Ronin, and the many others for there hard work. I talking about you Robogenisis. :D Take a look!

M6_LB_00.jpg

M6_LB_01.jpg

M6_LB_02.jpg

I did this as a test which I passed. w00t! Yeah so I scaled the forearm armor just 1 cm less than this one. I will post measurements later I have them else where at the moment. What I have done and will continue to do is one I get the scaling correct I print the .PDO files out in a PDF which I save for later should I have to start over.

Right now I am working with kerotan 36 on some HALO 2 ODST for Dragon Con this year. Well, I'm seeing if I can get this done in time anyway. I hope to work with others in my area to see if we can make this a possibility this year. Would be cool and great if others from the board are there at Dragon Con and need some ODST support.

Working on the helmet now. I basically printed it as is. I did this since I am unsure about the scaling to my big @$$ head. Live and Learn as they say. Trail and error, that's the game. I'm sure I, as well as others, will get to the Halo 3 versions, but until then Halo 2 will do. Besides, it's part of the learning process and if we do it right it will be here to stay.

Until then it's happy cat dance time!!

Now back to work.

Clean-looking work, Fighstar. It also looks like the right length. However, you might want to consider shortening it a little. The lower part of the bicep is touching your inner elbow. You might have some difficulty flexing your arm with the forearm piece on like what happened to crackhead09.

Right on man. That bicep looks good, nice and tight. Want to see this helmet also, just the ODST or what?

I am unfortunately no help with pep files. I can not do puzzles or match the numbers, failed kindergarten because I couldnt color by numbers. Its a horrible fate, but it doesn't seem like you have a problem at all. Everything is coming together so nice. We should all set a date to get together and work and our various projects. Sounds like a brilliant idea to me. Good Work.

TheRob said:
Right on man. That bicep looks good, nice and tight. Want to see this helmet also, just the ODST or what?

I am unfortunately no help with pep files. I can not do puzzles or match the numbers, failed kindergarten because I couldnt color by numbers. Its a horrible fate, but it doesn't seem like you have a problem at all. Everything is coming together so nice. We should all set a date to get together and work and our various projects. Sounds like a brilliant idea to me. Good Work.

Hey thanks Rob!!! We all have our talents. I know you and Vrogy have a method of working together and making that armor look out of this world. Just when ever you two get some time give me a ring and I'll drive out food in hand to give you a hand. I'm a team player and I come with the mind set of what I can give not what I can take.

ODST helmet is what is next on the agenda. I'm making the helmet from the pepakura file I DLed from the wiki. Basically since no one I have seen can tell me how to properly scale this helmet file I will just printed it out as is and go from there. I have a big @$$ head anyway so I know I will have to do this.

Ral Partha - Yeah you might be right, but I think it's just inevitable that having trouble eating is just part of the deal. I could still get my helmet on, but I will not be able to get a sandwich in my mouth. At least not the way you normally would. Should be a forum thread titled: "How do you eat your food in full Armor?". Should lead to some interesting diet solutions. LOL

I'll have to post my thoughts about the ODST armor on this thread later. I gave 'kerotan 36' a run down of my thoughts in an email. Main concerns are going to be the "crotch" or "ODST Space diaper" area. Some parts look cloth some look armor and some look like cloth on top of armor. Every thing else is pretty straight forward. Interesting part will be the chest armor on the front with the pockets, but we will figure out something and hopefully in time for Dragon Con 2K8.

Aaaah, for the love of Science, wait for the H3 ODST stuff to come out and do it! Those guys don't look like they're constantly slouching and fat.. like all the H2 marines and ODSTs do..

The best thing to do for measuring the ODST helmet will be to just use measurements. The ODST helmet that's posted is scaled to my head, though it might be the slightest bit larger because I had to oversize it a little, to fit around my glasses. I think I left it scaled at 30cm tall...

The best thing to do will be to measure your own head, the height you'll want it at. On the helmet, the jaw extends just below your own, and you'll want to add a little bit for padding in the top. I've got a feeling that 29 or 30cm tall should work for most people here. I might suggest you go with 29 cm tall... though I take no blame if I'm wrong ;)
If I am wrong, it's good practice, plus that helmet is one of the simplest helmets you can make and shouldn't take long to make another...

As far as the lower torso area, I made the entire thing into a pep file for people who don't want to mess with as much soft armor. In reality, I think the only hard parts would be the little rectangular area in the back under the knife, and *possibly* the flaps that sit on the thighs. The rest would be actual soft armor/ pouches.

Hope that helps, and good luck.

Vrogy said:
Aaaah, for the love of Science, wait for the H3 ODST stuff to come out and do it! Those guys don't look like they're constantly slouching and fat.. like all the H2 marines and ODSTs do..

LMAO!!! Yeah well first off you need to call me brotha'. We need to talk. Secondly, I agree the Halo 3 versions are better, BUT it will be a while before it happens and we want ours now for Dragon Con 2K8. Also any camo we buy should be able to be used for the Halo 3 versions so it's an investment.

Ruze789 said:
The best thing to do for measuring the ODST helmet will be to just use measurements. The ODST helmet that's posted is scaled to my head, though it might be the slightest bit larger because I had to oversize it a little, to fit around my glasses. I think I left it scaled at 30cm tall...

The best thing to do will be to measure your own head, the height you'll want it at. On the helmet, the jaw extends just below your own, and you'll want to add a little bit for padding in the top. I've got a feeling that 29 or 30cm tall should work for most people here. I might suggest you go with 29 cm tall... though I take no blame if I'm wrong ;)
If I am wrong, it's good practice, plus that helmet is one of the simplest helmets you can make and shouldn't take long to make another...

As far as the lower torso area, I made the entire thing into a pep file for people who don't want to mess with as much soft armor. In reality, I think the only hard parts would be the little rectangular area in the back under the knife, and *possibly* the flaps that sit on the thighs. The rest would be actual soft armor/ pouches.

Hope that helps, and good luck.

I don't want to come off as if you didn't take care and put hard work into the pep file my friend. Not at all. I will work on this just like I and many others have done. It's set to 29 cm and that's fine. Besides have a BIG @$$ head. Which I know I have said repeatedly, but it is true. So no problems and thanks for the help.

The belt section and your observations there are correct. The back under the knife and the side flaps on the side. Good idea to pepakura the whole thing. Fiber glass it and cut away what you don't need. I just need to figure out what kind of belt and pouches to put on that thing. Local Army/Navy Surplus store maybe in my future.

EDIT####

I want to correct a mistake. It was 'Rob' and not 'The Rob' I have been talking to. As you where.

Progress, but a slight detour! I have decided, for Dragon Con this year, to see if I can finish some ODST armor. I have no idea if I will make it in time, but I will have a better chance at finishing this than a Spartan Mark VI. Also this will be good practice for the 'Big Game'.

Photos:

ODST_HELM_00.jpg

ODST_HELM_01.jpg

ODST_HELM_02.jpg

Off to bed for me. Post comments and criticisms, please.

Looks like the right size to me! Are you going for look from the "Land fall" video or the game?

It is true I am working on HALO 2, not HALO 3. Sorry, but I am a bit impatient for some ODST, but need to work on fiberglassing and other pepakura techniques before working on something that awesome. Trail and error as well as practice.

Oops my bad. I have not followed the evolution of the ODST armor. Either way keep up the good work!

Skullcandy Girl said:
The Landfall version of the ODST will be available with enough time to make it before D-Con ;)

:eek: Sorry I hope I didn't come off as slanderous or doubtful of your abilities. My apologizes if I did. I'm doing this because I need some practice with pepakura and fiberglassing since I really have none. I hope to work with my Tallahassee homies :D on this soon. Realize that everyone is contributing here and doing this for the fun of it. The work is always appreciated.

not much of an update as a status report. Basically, got with 'TheRob' and 'Vrogy' and did some practice in resining and the such. Next time we have to get back together I will resin and fiber glass that helmet. Right now I am just trying to finishing getting that Spartan Cardboard helmet to dry, still!!! Laters!

looking pretty sweet, i have fate in you that you'll get it done.....hope to see you at dragoncon

great job on the armour so far. i wasn't going to do the low def models first, but seeing how you used them for basically size testers, i think that is a good idea, i might just have to do that as well (for the peaces that don't have size testers at least).

your armour should look pretty sweet once its done =D and i read that you were reading crackhead's post about going to a con with his halo armour... and i can reassure you that if making and wearing halo armour is anything like making and wearing a full suit of samurai armour around my city, you get so many comments and questions from people, if you are an attention whore (which i am), its absolutely amazing =D lol not to mention the tourists love to take lots of pictures as well hahaha. though at a con, i would assume that there would be more all around pictures lol

EDIT: yeah... so sorry for necroing.... i completely failed to notice the date on this thread =S lol sorry

Outlaw-Tiger said:
great job on the armour so far. i wasn't going to do the low def models first, but seeing how you used them for basically size testers, i think that is a good idea, i might just have to do that as well (for the peaces that don't have size testers at least).

your armour should look pretty sweet once its done =D and i read that you were reading crackhead's post about going to a con with his halo armour... and i can reassure you that if making and wearing halo armour is anything like making and wearing a full suit of samurai armour around my city, you get so many comments and questions from people, if you are an attention whore (which i am), its absolutely amazing =D lol not to mention the tourists love to take lots of pictures as well hahaha. though at a con, i would assume that there would be more all around pictures lol

EDIT: yeah... so sorry for necroing.... i completely failed to notice the date on this thread =S lol sorry

Ah don't feel bad. I am working on other armor at the moment, but this was a great set of pepakura files to use for beginning to learn and understand how to cut, fold, score and glue your armor together. I never got to fiber glass this guy, but I have a load of pepakura that I need to have a fiber glass party on one day. I'm glad my post helped, if only just a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back