Finally Finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephenrathie

After a long time of me going on vacation, work, having my camera stolen i have finally finished my EOD helmut and its ready to start fiberglassing this friday. comments and advice is very welcome

smr312 said:
After a long time of me going on vacation, work, having my camera stolen i have finally finished my EOD helmut and its ready to start fiberglassing this friday. comments and advice is very welcome

hey man glad to here you finished. however, i would recommend doing another pep model. this one looks pretty badly warped. im sorry if im coming off as harsh, but if your gonna take the time to fiberglass it, you first wanna make sure you have a nice clean pep build. that is the base of your whole project, so make sure it is done the right way. fiberglassing it wont fix the warping, and you will be spending alot of time applying bondo to get it nice and smooth. is that just regular A4 paper? If so, ,you should redo it in cardstock. However, if your happy with it, then thats all that matters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not bad. But I would have to agree roguespartan. Your helmet is slightly warped and you should probably fix that before fiberglassing. By the way, did you use cardstock or printer paper? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like printer paper from that pic. But overall, pretty good job. Just fix the warpage and add a little support and you're good to go.

I have to agree with the above statements. Redo it with cardstock. That will help a lot with the warping. I think if you glass that helm, you won't be happy with the outcome.

Hey thanks for all the suggestions but heres a little info on my helmut its on normal Printer paper because cardsotck jams my printer. and right now i don't have enough money to go out and buy the proper type of printer but really the only warping in the helmut near the eyes but thats about it. the pic from earlier is crooked so that is partly why it looks lopsided but thats really all.
Ill get better pics soon :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back