Finally Have Pics To Show For Critique.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xander

So, I feel as if it is not too bad for my freshman effort. I know there is some warping here and there but im hoping that it isnt so much that it will effect the armor. Also, on the seat of the cod piece there is a cut (i have a picture of it on here). There was a cut line but it looks wrong to me, if anyone knows if this is right or wrong I would apprecaite it. Other than that just let me know what you think so far and what I can approve on. I am about to finish the boots and start on the chest tonight so I was hoping for feeback before then. Thanks.[attachment=12632:CIMG3482.JPG][attachment=12633:CIMG3483.JPG][attachment=12634:CIMG3484.JPG][attachment=12635:CIMG3485.JPG][attachment=12636:CIMG3486.JPG][attachment=12637:CIMG3487.JPG][attachment=12638:CIMG3488.JPG][attachment=12639:CIMG3489.JPG][attachment=12640:CIMG3467.JPG][attachment=12641:CIMG3468.JPG][attachment=12643:CIMG3470.JPG][attachment=12644:CIMG3471.JPG][attachment=12645:CIMG3472.JPG][attachment=12646:CIMG3473.JPG][attachment=12647:CIMG3474.JPG][attachment=12648:CIMG3475.JPG][attachment=12649:CIMG3476.JPG][attachment=12650:CIMG3477.JPG][attachment=12651:CIMG3478.JPG][attachment=12652:CIMG3479.JPG][attachment=12653:CIMG3480.JPG][attachment=12654:CIMG3481.JPG][attachment=12655:CIMG3457.JPG][attachment=12656:CIMG3458.JPG][attachment=12657:CIMG3459.JPG][attachment=12658:CIMG3460.JPG][attachment=12659:CIMG3461.JPG][attachment=12660:CIMG3462.JPG][attachment=12661:CIMG3463.JPG][attachment=12662:CIMG3464.JPG][attachment=12663:CIMG3465.JPG][attachment=12664:CIMG3466.JPG][attachment=12665:CIMG3455.JPG]

Are you trying for a low detailed pep then detailing more thru bbondo? if not i can email you the hd parts for the whole mkvi body.

wow you have had some work ahead of you , i can't say "pics or it didnt happen" :pvery nice stuff there great progress keep it up

Thanks GiR, I wanted to have a majority of the armor pepped before I really started posting a lot that way people knew I had some credibility.

And Gallard, I was doing the low def one first because I am trying to get it done by October 24th. Everything you see there I have done in about 3-4 days over the past week. I am finishing up the boots tonight, then knocking out the chest tomorrow hopefully. My sister is going to lend me a hand and score the pieces while I cut them to save time. That way I can, if all goes well, have the helmet done by Saturday and spend the next week doing fiberglass, resin, bondo, paint etc. My hope is to have it done by the 20th. But to answer the question at hand, I am going to try and do some of the detail through bondo, and as this is my first armor attempt I figure that with the experience I gained from this I would make an HD MKVI after this and it will hopefully come out better.

I will share a little nugat of information with you guys though. If I have enough time, I work on cars as a hobby so I am hoping to turn an ATV I bought for pretty cheap into a Mongoose. I probably wont make it, but at least that I know how to do. How much fun would that be though! Ride up to a Halloween party dressed as the chief on a mongoose. If I can ever get my brother and another friend to make some armor then I would love to convert a jeep into a warthog, although that would take a lot more work than the cosmetics of an ATV to a Mongoose.

But I digress, I need to keep my eye on the task at hand. I will hit you up for those HD files later though, when I have recovered from this little experiment.

Looking good so far.

I didn't see the helmet in your pics. Are you going to do the low def or high def helmet?

Would love to see you finish the Mongoose, that would definitely be cool!

That little "cut line" that you are talking is most likely a cut that was NOT necessary. Sometimes you will come across parts that look like you need to cut it, but this is when you really need to think, if you see that it's already connected and there are obviously no tabs to glue it together, then there is no need to cut it.

What you can do to fix this is cut a piece of cardstock about 1/4 of an inch wide and long enough to cover the length of the cut. Put glue on one side of the strip and you can use some scotch tape on the outside to bring the the cut edges together then on the inside, take that little strip and then glue it in place. That should solve your problem right there............as long as you understood what I was saying.

So keep in mind from now on that when you print out your pieces and while you are working along, make sure you know what needs to actualyl be cut and what doesn't. Anytime I come across pieces that are already connected by have a line to cut it, I don't bother because then it will require more work just to put it back together when it was already together! :D

HaloGoddess said:
That little "cut line" that you are talking is most likely a cut that was NOT necessary. Sometimes you will come across parts that look like you need to cut it, but this is when you really need to think, if you see that it's already connected and there are obviously no tabs to glue it together, then there is no need to cut it.

What you can do to fix this is cut a piece of cardstock about 1/4 of an inch wide and long enough to cover the length of the cut. Put glue on one side of the strip and you can use some scotch tape on the outside to bring the the cut edges together then on the inside, take that little strip and then glue it in place. That should solve your problem right there............as long as you understood what I was saying.

So keep in mind from now on that when you print out your pieces and while you are working along, make sure you know what needs to actualyl be cut and what doesn't. Anytime I come across pieces that are already connected by have a line to cut it, I don't bother because then it will require more work just to put it back together when it was already together! :D

Thank you very much, it was driving me crazy and I have noticed other lines that have the smallest hint of a tab but it seems pointless to cut it. I guess I just get in my zone when I am cutting and dont really think I just cut lines. But the tip you gave me about repairing it is very helpful and I will do that because it did seem pointless. Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
RegularGuy said:
Looking good so far.

I didn't see the helmet in your pics. Are you going to do the low def or high def helmet?

Would love to see you finish the Mongoose, that would definitely be cool!

I think when it comes to the helmet it all depends on the kind of time i have left. I would love to do the high def helmet but as I said I am on a time crunch so I will probably end up doing the low def one at least for now. I figure that if i get everything completely done by when I want to (the 20th) that will give me 4 days to try and cut a high def helmet and fiberglass/resing etc it. We shall see. I guess I lacking a bit of confidence about doing the high def helmet since its my first time ever doing anything like this at all.

Looks pretty good so far. I will say though that after I did the low def boots I decided to do the high def instead so I scrapped the low ones. They were just too clunky for my liking.

Uhh..man thats more than enough to make us go wow...like...WOWOWOWOW....thats really good,and you have a good portion of it done too.

That Looks really good, its all nice and crisp! I hope it all fits! Yeah but i've always wanted to make a Mongoose because it seems really easy so im looking forward to that. Nice Job all around though!

I hope you make it for the 20th. Any perticular reason for this date?

Also w00t for being from Ontario :p

AngelVirusX said:
I hope you make it for the 20th. Any perticular reason for this date?

Also w00t for being from Ontario :p

Yeah, we have an annual halloween party every year that is pretty big, and I want to try and have it done before that with a few days to spare. We are doing a Video game theme as well this year so, it would make me happy to have it done. Also, I figure if I can finish everything by the 20th, I can take a crack at making a High Def Helment by he 24th.

Good luck in finishing in time.

You are much further ahead than I was two years ago. Two weeks prior to HALO-ween I wasn't even done pepping. :)

The day before Halloween, my boss actually gave me the day off just to finish my costume because she knew I had been working on it since the beginning of October, and of course she was curious to see what I was making.

Do you think you'll have time to make a weapon? If you can find a Buzz Bee / True Heroes Plasma Blaster, that could be a quick/cheap alternative.

You're going to turn a lot of heads at the party!

So, I am starting to cut for my chest piece now but I have a question.

When assembling your chest piece, does anyone have any tips about ease. For example. Do you assemble it all together front and back and then fiberglass it, or do you perhaps assemble the front chest piece, and the back w/shoulders, and then not connect the two. Does that make sense?

Just finished the Chest piece, take a peak and tell me how it came out! I am starting the helmet tomorrow.[attachment=12732:CIMG3490.JPG][attachment=12733:CIMG3492.JPG][attachment=12734:CIMG3493.JPG][attachment=12735:CIMG3494.JPG]

Hey Xander got any updates? Did you get an answer for your question about the chest.

Pep pieces get their strength when they are all together, but the chest is just flimsy anyway. For my low res, I kept the whole thing together and made a rig to hold the shape and then I resined the outside. I then glassed the inside and cut the side near the waist so I could fit. I use velcro to re-attach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back