Finished Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xander

Here is a quick pic from the party last night, I won the best costume contest. I still need the visor, it didnt get here in time, and i need to distress it but overall you get the idea.. not too bad for my first time and the fact that I did it all in 3 weeks. I redid the chest from scratch yesterday because the first one was too small.. Im pretty sure it was still curing when i put it on lol.[attachment=13018:n651528736_9994.jpg]

Zacky Panic said:
Not bad at all, always like the cherry red armor.

Going to finish it up? Add a visor etc?

He said his visor didn't get to him in time, which obviously means he's adding a visor.

Last edited by a moderator:
looks awsome for a first armor set man, can't wait to see you put in the visor. i got a couple questions though, are you planning on putting in the dual-layer visor, more detailed under-armor and possible some painted battle damage? battle damage always makes armor look better in my opinion :)

tomb-stone said:
looks awsome for a first armor set man, can't wait to see you put in the visor. i got a couple questions though, are you planning on putting in the dual-layer visor, more detailed under-armor and possible some painted battle damage? battle damage always makes armor look better in my opinion :)

I just bought the single gold visor off of ebay so i guess im doing single layer. I didnt have the extra income to buy the pressure suit this week but i would like to buy one eventually. I am def working on distressing the armor, I am playing with my smaller chest piece to see some good techniques. Tomorrow I want to play with my blowtorch a little and see about scorching it for realism.

I am def going to finish this as far as distressing and visor, but I am planning on starting a sniper rifle next, and then I am going to be doing a high def mark VI I think. I have a lot of friends that loved the costume so they all want to make one so can roll downtown 10 Spartans deep so I will have a year to really work on it and do it perfect as opposed to rushing through it in 3 weeks. But yes, Sniper rifle next, high def armor, and then I want to look into making a warthog for a fun project.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty good. But my suggestion for you would be to rough up the paint some so that it looks more battle worn and more realistic. After that I'd add in a visor. By going to a Motorcycle shop and purchasing a bike visor and then cutting it to fit your helmet. But other than that nice job.

Nicely done! After Halo-ween... you could us it as a base for new or permutated armor! Remember your sizing of the pep and lets see some different looks! Again, Nicely done!

Looks great, but don't go too nuts with the blow torch. Honestly, I wouldn't even touch the armor with one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back