Finished Halo 2,3, Odst Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

i 8ball

I did look for a post like this but i could have missed it.

OK first off i am making this so people can post there finished armor, and help other people with problems they have on there armor. It dose not matter if it is halo armor or any other armor that you have made.

[attachment=11323:ODST finished 1.jpg]

8ball said:
I did look for a post like this but i could have missed it.

OK first off i am making this so people can post there finished armor, and help other people with problems they have on there armor. It dose not matter if it is halo armor or any other armor that you have made.

[attachment=11323:ODST finished 1.jpg]

ok here is the link to my video of the armor it shows how i take the lower torso part on and off and just little things that might help people with there armor.

Last edited by a moderator:
8ball said:
ok here is the link to my video of the armor it shows how i take the lower torso part on and off and just little things that might help people with there armor.

nice armor!!! :D

how lond did it take you and did you use fiberglass?

please teach me...

DSC04981.jpg

3683067796_1ca90dc920.jpg

DSC04989.jpg

Technically not "finished" since I have a lot more work to do, but it's complete, wearable, and recognizeable.

diaryboy said:
nice armor!!! :D

how lond did it take you and did you use fiberglass?

please teach me...

The fiber glassing took only about an hour to 2 hours on each piece, but i only fiber glassed the inside of the armor some people will use bondo i think the fiberglass stuff that has little fiber glass strings in it and fiber glass the out side of the armor i used mat and cloth fiber glass it is pretty easy here is the pic of the stuff i use then here is the pic of the other fiber glass i was talking about.

[attachment=11336:FIB622.jpg]

this is the stuff that i am pretty sure people use for the out side of there pep items it is a cream stile and can be fixed with sand paper pretty easy i am using it on some pieces that are cardboard cause the pepfile got messed up for me for some reason.

[attachment=11333:311BRKBZRZL._SL500_AA280_.jpg]mat[attachment=11334:6476956.jpg]cloth[attachment=11335:bon-401.jpg]fiber glass resin

and this is the stuff i use teh mat is good for the helment and backchest piece while the cloth is more flexible and is better for the crotch and legs cause it lets them give a litte here and there.

The Infamous 13 said:
Nice armor!

Btw, I don't think you're supposed to fiberglass the outside.

I might have missed said it by the bondo stuff the evercoat/everglass stuff is like the stuff you would use on the outside that is called bodyfiller he is a vid of what i ment by the out side

The Infamous 13 said:
Sorry, I guess I just misunderstood you.

it is ok i read it after u posted your first post and i did see where people can get confused espically if they are new to it.

Trooper0621 said:
DSC04981.jpg

3683067796_1ca90dc920.jpg

DSC04989.jpg

Technically not "finished" since I have a lot more work to do, but it's complete, wearable, and recognizeable.

your gun is the same gun as mine i just cut the barrel removed the sound box and added a different barrel out of cb piping.

i dicided to bondo my outside of the armor with evercoat everglass and it has made the shoulds (the only part i have gotten to so far) strong enough to withstand a airsoft gun so i am gonna be doing the helment and chest piece tomorrow and if i have not told anyone i know have the halo 3 ODST chest which is so much nice then the halo 2. and on saturday i will be doing the rest of the armor so i should be able to paint it by sunday or later saturday hope to have pics by next Wednesday.

aaa...looking at the odst armor and ....

untitleddsfagwdreast.jpg

what is this, a back plate or something?

now working on odst body plates and ging to work on recon helm later this week.

animemannn said:
aaa...looking at the odst armor and ....

untitleddsfagwdreast.jpg

what is this, a back plate or something?

now working on odst body plates and ging to work on recon helm later this week.

no that is a shoulder piece it gose over the normal shoulder piece and it is used for snipers to help them from getting there heads took off by another sniper or something else.

oook, well i thout that they were just plates for armor on the odst....

well i got sniper plates and normall plates now!

i also noticed that the chest plate has no numbers on it.....nor dose the belt buckle

aaaa waa? but there simple to construct so i shouldnt have a problem...i think...

animemannn said:
oook, well i thout that they were just plates for armor on the odst....

well i got sniper plates and normall plates now!

i also noticed that the chest plate has no numbers on it.....nor dose the belt buckle

aaaa waa? but there simple to construct so i shouldnt have a problem...i think...

ya i made the chest plate and it is very simple just keep your computer on/close by you for help if you need it other then that make one side first then the other cause they are teh same just revesed.

If the numbers aren't showing up, then when you open the file in Pepakura Designer, go to "2d pattern window" and toggle "Show Edge ID" to on.

ok i am now done bondoing my armor it is in the process of the last piece drying just the touch up pieces so i should have it painted in about and hour i will hopefully be getting pictures soon then a video on youtube at least in a day or 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back