Finished Hi-def Shin Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryoon4690

As promised, an update on my second piece. Ok so when I finally finished and was looking at the front, it looked like the top was crooked and I thought it was because the hot glue was holding the folds at a weird angle but further investigation proved that it is indeed the way the model should come out. Sorry I don't have pics of how it fits but I'm pretty sure its okay. If not then oh well. Thanks again to everyone. Peace.

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the support on this project. It really keeps me motivated. Good luck with your projects. I finally have a free weekend because I just got done with finals at the university so hopefully I'll get more pieces in to show you guys. Sorry computer camera sucks though. I'll try an get some better res pics next time.

That's very impressive! Your shins will be very well protected :D

You seem to do very fine work on the Pepakura, I'm trying to figure out if it is better to sit down for 5 hours and just DO IT! or take it slow and spread it over a week or so, which did you use to create such fine workmanship?

I love it. Really clean build, I'm mightily impressed.

I'm in the process of making a hi-def l.forearm (robogenesis) and I'm just to the stage of scoring and hopefully will be building in an houor or so (once I have finished breakfast and can find a quiet corner of the house). I really should post some pics of my piece once it's done although I doubt it will be quite as precise as yours. Once again kudos. Gives me inspiration on taking my time and making those folds ultra crisp.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. For me, I like to try and get as much done as possible in one sitting just because I can't wait to see the final product and I want to make the costume before I get back to school in the fall. This piece actually took me around 5 hours or so. I think its good to take brakes so that one doesn't start to rush things. I just tell myself to take my time and be patient.

I built my first few pieces without the supports and they turned out alright, but all the pics I've seen of models with the supports look so much better. I still cant get the supports to glue correctly. Is there a certain order to glueing the parts together? I took about a week on my 2nd "size test" helmet and it still didn't look half as good as your shin piece. Any suggestions?

BuckeyeFaithful83 said:
I built my first few pieces without the supports and they turned out alright, but all the pics I've seen of models with the supports look so much better. I still cant get the supports to glue correctly. Is there a certain order to glueing the parts together? I took about a week on my 2nd "size test" helmet and it still didn't look half as good as your shin piece. Any suggestions?

Well as of now I just have my shin piece and now my right thigh piece done. I'm not so sure about the supports but what I did to assemble both the thigh and shin was start by taking each individual piece and glue all the faces that don't require another part. Then I start to assemble one by one. I like to start with one vertical layer and work around instead of the ground up. Looking at the high-def helmet pdo I would make the top and lower part separate and glue them together last but I have to say that patience and precise folding have help the most with the pepakura assembly. I hope that makes sense about the assembly part and I hope your helmet turns out great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back