1st Build First 3D Printed Armor! - HALO: INFINITE Mk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLEX TAPE

Hey all! I just recently got a 3D printer and wanted to print my suit of armor. I dont know a lot about it, but I cant wait to try it out! I will be using the MK VII Helmet from the halo infinite armor color leaks. Cant wait!! Feedback would be great!

Last edited:
Woo, big step! A big part of 3D printing is learning as you go - that is, you can't prepare for every possible problem, you'll have to learn how to fix them as they pop up. Some tips are to make sure the bed is leveled and some run calibration tests (such as a temperature tower and a benchy). What model printer and what filament type are you using?

Woo, big step! A big part of 3D printing is learning as you go - that is, you can't prepare for every possible problem, you'll have to learn how to fix them as they pop up. Some tips are to make sure the bed is leveled and some run calibration tests (such as a temperature tower and a benchy). What model printer and what filament type are you using?
Hey thanks for the reply! Ive made a couple of things with the printer so far, just some little models I found on Thingiverse. I was thinking of using PLA for the armor because its cheap but maybe ill consider PETG. I'm using the Anycubic Chiron so it has a huuge build space! Im just having a problem finding 3d print files for the different sets of armor.

This is an idea of what im looking to do.

Attachments

• Untitled03.jpg
    Untitled03.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 298
I would like to print this armor set but I dont think there are any files for it yet. Did a little color edit to this pic xP
Yeah, Mk VII is probably a few months to a year out for reliable files if the game releases on schedule. Some model makers will race to put out the first set and others will wait for final game version to get an exact match to the in game material.

Yeah, Mk VII is probably a few months to a year out for reliable files if the game releases on schedule. Some model makers will race to put out the first set and others will wait for final game version to get an exact match to the in game material.
Yeah, I thought so but in the mean time, I plan to just do the helmet for now and maybe do a MK VI until Infinite comes out. I also want to make the Tech Suit as accurate to the game as possible but im afraid to start on that now because I'm skinny and want to put on some weight and muscle before 2022, so I might be waiting on that

Yeah, I thought so but in the mean time, I plan to just do the helmet for now and maybe do a MK VI until Infinite comes out. I also want to make the Tech Suit as accurate to the game as possible but im afraid to start on that now because I'm skinny and want to put on some weight and muscle before 2022, so I might be waiting on that
Spider-Man Man GIF by The Gregory Brothers

Hey all! So I've been working on printing some of the armor out. So far I have the two hand plates and I'm currently printing a test bicep piece. I printed the hand plates first with a file I found on Thingiverse, but didn't like the way they looked. So when I found the files posted by Moe, I printed those and will be using them instead.

Attachments

• 20210317_092947.jpg
    20210317_092947.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 289
  • 20210318_142511.jpg
    20210318_142511.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 281
Also, I just purchased Armorsmith Designer and am not sure how I should go about scaling the armor. Not sure if I should scale it so its snug to the model or give some room in between. And also how to compensate for in accurate proportions. Thanks for all the replies!

You'll definitely want to give a bit of extra room, to be sure it fits - and don't forget to compensate for the weight you're looking to put on, as you mentioned. If it's loose, you can always add padding to make it fit comfortably (which being 3D printed, I would highly suggest you do anyway)

You'll definitely want to give a bit of extra room, to be sure it fits - and don't forget to compensate for the weight you're looking to put on, as you mentioned. If it's loose, you can always add padding to make it fit comfortably (which being 3D printed, I would highly suggest you do anyway)
Can confirm, armour bites are not fun.
Also consider how you're going to get in and out of a part. Will the torso clamshell? Can your foot bend through the narrowest point of the shin? Does your hand slide through the forearm comfortably and leave room for gloves?

Well thr power went out last night and stopped my print at about 60% completion. Now I have to restart but the gauntlet was a little too big for my arm and I couldn't fit my hand through the opening either. Gonna have to think of a solution where I have it in 2 parts and they come together with magnets or a hinge system...

Attachments

• 20210321_001233.jpg
    20210321_001233.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 204
Ok so after some adjustments to the way things fit, I am now printing the shoulder armor and next will be the right bicep.

Attachments

• 20210322_112831.jpg
    20210322_112831.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 229
Ok so the shoulder piece finished printing but.... I accidentally pressed the "Home All" button on my printer and it made a hole in the shoulder before I could stop it. But on the bright side, I think im going to make a needle and use the hole to house the needle as if I was shot by a needler. Thats a lot of needle!

Attachments

• 20210322_172233.jpg
    20210322_172233.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 219
Hey does anyone know about using a Wet suit as a Tech-Suit? Ive been thinking about buying one but wasnt sure if that was the best way to go about making a Tech-Suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back