1st Build First 3D Printed Armor! - HALO: INFINITE Mk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I decided to try on some of the armor that i finished although i am going to reprint it all.

Attachments

• 20210323_132758.jpg
    20210323_132758.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 282
Looks good so far! As for the wet suit, it's not something I've ever done for a cosplay though I've heard discussions with other members here that it's not a convenient way to go. You'll get hot in it really quick.

Looks good so far! As for the wet suit, it's not something I've ever done for a cosplay though I've heard discussions with other members here that it's not a convenient way to go. You'll get hot in it really quick.
What do you think the best material and or suit would be?

Hey! So ive been working on printing and scaling my armor and I ran into a huge problem. So far its coming together smoothly but im having issues with scaling the gauntlets. The gauntlet wont go past my hand when I have it scaled to where it would look good on my arm but when I scale it up, it fits past my hand but looks really huge on my skinny arm. Does anyone have tips on how I could go about fixing this issue? Like finding a way to slice it in half and figure a way to attach both pieces together or change the scale of the top part of the gauntlet so it looks a little smaller but im not really sure. Anything would be very appreciated!

Do you have any 3D modelling experience? You might be able to take it into Blender and scale up/down one end with "proportional editing", which will allow you to make the end bigger/smaller and the vertices around that will scale with it, with vertices further away being affected less (the tool has a "falloff range") . Basically you can scale the size of one and it'll smoothly transition into the scale of the other.

Do you have any 3D modelling experience? You might be able to take it into Blender and scale up/down one end with "proportional editing", which will allow you to make the end bigger/smaller and the vertices around that will scale with it, with vertices further away being affected less (the tool has a "falloff range") . Basically you can scale the size of one and it'll smoothly transition into the scale of the other.
I've seen that before and considered doing it but don't know how sadly. I have Blender but very little experience with it. Do you know where I could find a tutorial on how to do it?

Ok so its been a quick minute since I have posted, but I thought I would give a brief overview of what I plan on doing from here on for now. So I have run out of filament and planned on buying a lot more but I figured out I might be moving so I thought I would postpone my armor making for now until I know whether I move or stay. I have also run into a couple of problems with making the armor fit my body type. I plan on working on exercising and eating a lot to gain more weight and muscle so the armor looks better. Also if I do that, I dont want to print all the armor and have it not fit me in like 6 months time. I also want to wait for the Mk VII armor to come out in infinite so we have the print files for those and I can. Thanks for all the help so far, and ill be working on getting ready to continue!

I would like to print this armor set but I dont think there are any files for it yet. Did a little color edit to this pic xP
@the_makyr on Instagram is making some really clean Mk VII files. So far he’s released the legs I believe he’s working on the arms.

@the_makyr on Instagram is making some really clean Mk VII files. So far he’s released the legs I believe he’s working on the arms.
Yeah I talked to him about those and he did a really good job the only problem is his prices are a little steep for me right now but for the amount of work he put into it, its expected.

Oh and I also forgot to post the photos of the edited gauntlet that I proportional edited to fit. It didn't really work and ended up being too long for my arm. So I think I need to start at square one and figure out how I am going to compensate for this issue, including slicing parts of the armor out and attach them via buckles or magnets.

Ok so I know I said I was going to take a break for a bit but.... I really want to print the helmet so I just bought 3 new spools of filament :D

Hey does anyone know about using a Wet suit as a Tech-Suit? Ive been thinking about buying one but wasnt sure if that was the best way to go about making a Tech-Suit.
you need to be taking breathability into account. if your undersuit isn't breathable then your body heat will be trapped easier and you'll overheat quicker. wouldn't want to pass out on a con floor. wetsuits are thick and are designed to retain body heat while in water, so a wetsuit would be a big NO. people tend to buy morphsuits and use those as a base, as they're relatively cheap and breathable. sewing other fabrics and adding snaps/velcro is also pretty easy to do with a generic morphsuit, so typically they're the best option, but there's plenty of options out there!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back