First Armor Build Starting Soon. Any Tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaloMixter

Hey dudes and dudettes, I'm here to ask for any tips and tricks you guys may have for my first armor build. I would love for vets to help out. I'm planning to make a suit of ODST armor out of EVA foam. My sister will help out with the sewing of the undersuit. Anything is appreciated, from pictures of your steps or suggestions, to videos, to plain text. Thanks to everyone!
--Halo

Howdy and welcome to the 405th. Read, read, read.... there are loads of awesome threads on this forum. I've been a member for years and I'm still learning new things. As for starting a project, scale is everything! Make sure you get the size of your builds right else you will be building them again and again. I've built my helmet twice and I know someone that is on his third. Let's just say scaling can be tricky. The last tip I can give you is to be patient! This is probably the most important thing in every project. A wise man once told me that if a jobs worth doing, it's worth doing properly.... take your time, you won't be able to build you armor over night. I spend about 4 hours a night on my armor and sometimes I only get a tiny little piece done because of the detail in it.

Think thas it.... :)

Howdy and welcome to the 405th. Read, read, read.... there are loads of awesome threads on this forum. I've been a member for years and I'm still learning new things. As for starting a project, scale is everything! Make sure you get the size of your builds right else you will be building them again and again. I've built my helmet twice and I know someone that is on his third. Let's just say scaling can be tricky. The last tip I can give you is to be patient! This is probably the most important thing in every project. A wise man once told me that if a jobs worth doing, it's worth doing properly.... take your time, you won't be able to build you armor over night. I spend about 4 hours a night on my armor and sometimes I only get a tiny little piece done because of the detail in it.

Think thas it.... :)

So so so true. Be patient and read. Although I have been costuming for years, I've learned in only a short time being a 405th-er is that patience is a requirement. Don't rush the build and you will find that the end product will be amazing. If you don't have Pep Designer get it if you can. There are files in the archives that have foam templates to help you build your armor. Welcome to the 405th.

depends on how much you want to spend. Cheap= pair of black sweats. Top of the line = Motorcycle armor. Me personally,I'm using my old skydiving suit, so it all depends on what you want and how you want it to look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back