"First" build H2 ODST WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know double posts are evil but I have a few questions I need answered:

1. Are two layers of fiberglass necessary or is that "overkill"
2. Is there a way to get all the resin out of the brush, because I'm burnin' through em like nobody's business
3. Once I get the chest piece done and in two pieces what's the best way to apply the bondo?

Sorry again for the double post

I can only help you with #2. As soon as you are done applying resin, soak it in acetone.

It turned out pretty good for your first try. But like the others have said, apply it only in areas that need to be rounded out and apply it thinly. I made the same mistake you did when I first started bondo, and it took hours to sand. If you apply it very thinly, very little sanding is needed. What I also do is wait until its about 1/3 dry, still liquidy but not enough to drip off, and take a spreader and smooth it out even further, helps a lot to take off excess and make sanding easier.

If sanding is giving you trouble I'd look into getting a mouse sander. Best 30 bucks I've spent. Also look into getting a dremel, very useful tool as well.

Edit: Oops missed page 3. My bad, sorry. Good luck on your next helmet and nice pep work so far.

Cleaning brushes.....I spent $6 and got a box of 30 throw away's (on sale) at harbor freight. It really is allot easier than trying to clean them.

Hey dude, your peppings nice and clean, good job! i will say, when painting, try drybrushing for "scratched" detail on the edges. Load the brush with the silver paint, then wipe it of on kitchen towel or cloth, until its not making paint streaks even when appliying medium pressure, then brush the brush on the helmet edged pressing hard, and you should end up with scratched looks, ill post a tutorial for you in a bit :) keep up the good work :p

It looks nice so far but before you bondo it, I would suggest that you get som Bondo brand spreaders, or use an old gift card or credit card, it helps. otherwise it is pretty good.

It looks nice so far but before you bondo it, I would suggest that you get som Bondo brand spreaders, or use an old gift card or credit card, it helps. otherwise it is pretty good.
Good way to retire your old Borders Rewards card if you have one...like me.

On topic, do any of you have any reference pics for the Halo 2 ODST? The Costuming Wiki only had pics for the Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back