first build! halo 3 mjolnir mark vi (Agent York RVB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

massiveanimal

heyyy all! SO about a year ago now i decided i wanted to cosplay RVB enough that I wanted to give this whole armor making thing a try - first real cosplay, (mostly) finished in time for pax east 2016 - 405th was a Life Saver through the entire process, and meeting some of the 405th guys at PAX encouraged me to actually post my build here.. so, here we go.

EnpxzfP.png
photo taken by photosnxs at pax & some...cellphone pics haha of the "finished" product.

SO after a few months of messing around with a friend on an ill conceived plan of freehanding a foam helmet last may i decided to just go all in and do the resin + pepakura method for my helmet

9NIuSpT.jpg

naQtD0M.jpg

r8xWqFV.jpg

not bad for a first run - wore it once with a helmet only cosplay, and then revisited that cosplay for NYCC but did some refurb to make it nicer

khZfGBd.jpg
second round of painting was an absolute nightmare i have no idea why so much went wrong but wow
RjVujnC.jpg

After NYCC... one of my friends decided to help me get started on foam armor building and came over for a work weekend and we hammered out the legs

Rx1cMko.jpg
and then continued on my own...
6YFkdOX.jpg
5VYe4nc.jpg
i ended up redoing the shins completely, but it doesnt look like i have pics of that progress

H8csbE7.jpg
TxKATPq.jpg

soft debuted at a tiny con in January to work out any bugs, andddd decided to detail paint for pax (as well as change remake parts of my thighs) leading to the top pictures!

i feel like i've learned a lot through the build and there are a lot of details i want to refine (as well as..modifying some scaling and redoing my boots completely, thus why i say its 'mostly' finished) and things i want to fix, but so far as first runs ago, i'm extremely happy with what i was able to do and am excited for many more armor builds

hope i formatted this alright woof, hi guys

massiveanimal, nicely done. Fantastic job. I can relate to the painting.......sometimes you just want to chuck the whole thing out the window.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet build man! I want to also do a RVB cosplay but I want to make ODST armour to be Agent Florida, I only have one problem, how exactly do you scale the prints to be your size?

bran3nbusby117 BroodierGoose1 - thanks guys!!
Benton188 im glad you did too :') it'll be good to be able to get more active feedback on future projects
Smudgemudge i have a fairly average build so i was pretty much able to scale based off of the scaling of my helmet? and then after cutting out the foam made modifications as needed (like.. on the thighs, i removed an entire like... 2-inch section on the inside of each leg) - but you should definitely cosplay Florida :')
AtomicDeadlock haha literally every photo i have from the helmet refurb is me flipping it off, i dont know why //everything// went wrong in the painting process but it Sure Did

Last edited by a moderator:
bran3nbusby117 BroodierGoose1 - thanks guys!!
Benton188 im glad you did too :') it'll be good to be able to get more active feedback on future projects
Smudgemudge i have a fairly average build so i was pretty much able to scale based off of the scaling of my helmet? and then after cutting out the foam made modifications as needed (like.. on the thighs, i removed an entire like... 2-inch section on the inside of each leg) - but you should definitely cosplay Florida :')
AtomicDeadlock haha literally every photo i have from the helmet refurb is me flipping it off, i dont know why //everything// went wrong in the painting process but it Sure Did

Still turned out great in the end though! Everything going wrong usually makes it better. :) I accidentally tripped over and ruined my chest piece, but immediately found a better pep file afterward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back