(First Build)- Halo Mark VI Female Build WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyxs

This is my first ever build and I must admit it's been pretty frustrating to start. Scaling was a hassle and still not sure if I have it down on the forearm. It just seems slightly large, which is one of the reasons why I'm posting finally! Opinions people, are wonderfully helpful! :)

So far I just have pics of the arm (please excuse the phone picture, no one was around to do it for me)

As of right this moment I have the left side of my body done and working on the right, putting off the chest and helmet till last.

7902006428_f78aa67b2d.jpg
530968_3659473880699_326851485_n by Jessie_brand1, on Flickr

7902007716_e4d8206939.jpg
488311_3666277090775_86695025_n by Jessie_brand1, on Flickr

7902008130_119f79a10b.jpg
376684_3666275610738_2134931608_n by Jessie_brand1, on Flickr

Yo . Welcome .

looks fine so far your pep work. wish you much luck . and dont worry many ppl will respond to this thread. haha :')

If u need anything feel free to ask ! :)

greets ed

Pretty good start. I would say that both the bicep and the forearm are a tad big, but not enough to warrant redoing them both, unless you're simply using the low def files for size testing purposes and plan on putting together some high def parts, in which case I would suggest making each about 1 cm shorter.

Your pepping looks very clean. You're well on your way! Keep it up.

Welcome to the 405th. I made the exact same forearm piece when I started. The only problem with that particular piece is there is NO detail and you'll have to do alot of post production work if you want it to look like Master Chief's.....which is why I tossed it.

Using pep is the way you go if you want super detail. EVA foam is for function over game accurate. Some peeps here can do both, but just starting out I think you're doing just fine.

The sizing is good. I would however plan to do the chest and helm next. Those are key pieces that will determine the remainder of your build. Do not resin/bondo any piece till you get your helm and chest done as well. Just because the size is good right doesn't mean it will play well with the rest of your pieces.

Good luck. And yes PigBenis is right, I doubt you're going to be lacking posts for your thread.

Thank you all!

I'm not too worried about the bicep and the forearm being just a little off, I was just staring at it and thinking it was way off. I don't mind a little bulk seeing how I'm not really going for a female look to it. The forearms are probably going to be redone, I was thinking about adding thin craft foam for the details but I'm already not too happy with the way it looks so I'll end up redoing them in high def most likely.

As for the chest and helm, they are up next on my list. I'm trying to get everything done this weekend and test out how it all fits together...but I started back to college last week so my time is limited.

First. . . . Welcome to the 405th!!!!!!!!!! What you have so far does look clean. Like carpathiavh99 was saying. . . they may be a tad big, but not worth redoing, but I guess you said you'd use the higher def files for your forearms so you could change the scale a little when you do those. Keep up the good work and good luck with your build.

once you put padding in they will fit but over all they do you look to big for your body and ya scaling is hard my first helm was to small and my upper arm was to big

Welcome to the 405th!!
Off to a good start with those. I started with a noble six helmet I scaled a tad bit too big but it always helps to build a few peices and zero in on what your scale is. Just remember the undersuit. I'll add alot of padding as well. The H4 chest I just made fits me fine with just a tank on but dosent fit while wearing a tshirt. A wetsuit or motorcyle underarmor are options or make a custom one from scratch! Just remember to plan ahead once you get your scale fixed and start putting the time in to make the parts you want,I'm sure you'll want them to fit right. Good luck!!

I've been thinking of what to do with the under suit; I've pretty much decided to do a full body black leotard and attach varying sizes of craft foam that has been coated in plasti-dip. Which is why I'm not really worried about the parts being just a little bit big.

Yay! I had two days off in a row and got some more work done. Pretty happy with the fit of the lower body, had to modify the cod piece slightly seeing how I have super wide hips...which brought about an argument about the difference in the width between a female and males hips with my brother. It was a fun conversation because according to scale my hips are one inch slimmer then the full version of master chief. Yay. It fits around this hips well just still seems a little more bulky then I want, then again all the ref pics I look at its fairly large.

(oh and I can't keep a straight face when my brother takes pictures)

7907740030_ef73370d67.jpg
400484_3675247515030_1354191229_n by Jessie_brand1, on Flickr

I'm redoing the biceps also, way to big in my opinion...

7907740434_1f74b01531.jpg
396045_3672923656935_767568274_n by Jessie_brand1, on Flickr

I'm doing all LD for the first time. I'm slightly intimidated by HD, I will be adding details with craft foam and some bondo sculpting later on.

I'll look up the pep files mentioned for my waist and chest, thank you!

First off Welcome to the 405th!!!!!
Great job so far. LD or HD so what. As long as you enjoy your hobby thats all that matters. With that in mind i think your off to a great start. If you want the mk6 female torso i believe i have it. Hit me up if ya want it
Happy prop making

Jack

That is quite fast but looking good so far. The HD does pay off in the end if youre looking to be screen accurate and are a perfectionist like I am but its good to get some practice in if you are intimidated. Also as long as you keep track you should have the scale set for it all so when you do make the step up you'll have the confidence and only have to do it once. cant wait to see more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back