First Build: Iron Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony914

Hey guys, Been lurking here for a few months now just reading up on stuff and i decided to start a new project. Tell me what you think.

I've made a lot of mistakes here and there. Specially on the crown part of the helmet. Plus it wont fit on my head due to this piece at the bottom of the chin that keeps its shape.

Any one here from bangkok? i'm having trouble finding fiberglass resin and bondo. I'm not sure if its because they don't actually have it here or that they have no idea what i'm talking about (language barrier: thai-english). Lets say i can't find it here. What are my alternatives? And can i order online?

WOW! Your new? Thats some crazy clean pep work! Just a few tips. The helmet isnt supposed to fit. When you finish it up, you can cut the sides and put some sort of hinge-lock. You open it up, and you put your head in. Im not from Bangkok so I wouldnt know. But good luck!

I am from Bangkok too but right now I live in Edmonton, Canada.
I think you can find resin and auto body filler at "central" or "the mall" shopping mall in the automotive section or go ask people that do bodyshop in bangkok they might be able to tell you where to find it.

Thanks man. Well, relatively new. This is my first work if thats what you're saying. Got the pdo from the fee papekura files thread.
Oh! so the chin part is supposed to be detachable or something?

Needed that. Thanks. Will be visiting those places sometime soon. How bout old siam? do you think they have stuff there? i'm planning to go there this week

Thanks man. Well, relatively new. This is my first work if thats what you're saying. Got the pdo from the fee papekura files thread.
Oh! so the chin part is supposed to be detachable or something?

Well, if you watched the movie, the helmet comes together in three parts. Probably best to look at someone elses iron man and see what they did.

A lot of people harden the helmet, then cut out some of the bottom panels from the back to get their head in. It works, but here's what I'd do: put on the basic helmet and attach the chin and faceplate via magnets.

Needed that. Thanks. Will be visiting those places sometime soon. How bout old siam? do you think they have stuff there? i'm planning to go there this week
I am not sure that they sell bondo stuffs there because I haven't been back There for 5 years and things change so much.

A lot of people harden the helmet, then cut out some of the bottom panels from the back to get their head in. It works, but here's what I'd do: put on the basic helmet and attach the chin and faceplate via magnets.

Cool. I like this idea. Ima explore this. Sounds simple enough for me to do

I am not sure that they sell bondo stuffs there because I haven't been back There for 5 years and things change so much.

Thats fine. I have a lot of time anyway. But thanks, now i have an idea on where to start looking for stuff instead of going in blind. Just so we're clear, the "central" mall place, is it the same as "Central world"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back