First build: Lancer (wip)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sara hold the h

So I've been reading an insane amount of very informative stuff here at the 405th and couldn't take it anymore and had to start something. I'm sure there are far more efficient ways to do things but I'm learning and all the stickies and tutorials on here have very helpful thus far. So despite the hubby singing Steven Lynch's D&D and calling it my "big broad sword made out of cardboard" here's a couple pics of the (god i hope it will somewhat looks like a lancer or the noob I'm with is never going to let me live it down) Lancer. :D

100_0407.jpg

100_0403.jpg

So here's the last update, sorry its a stupid iphone pic, but internet and laptop are crapping out on me since I live in BFE. Since this pic, I do have the entire thing put together, along with the clip, some detachable pieces, and all of the edges are covered. Right now I'm waiting for... well I'm not sure yet because I need to talk to some friends and figure out where to go from here. I'm thinking about some form of resin and then bondo or maybe just the spot putty stuff but I"m not sure. A friend of mine with a paint booth is going to give me a crash course while doing our motorcycle so after painting just need to reattach everything and put the chain back on. I must toot my own horn for a sec cause my non geek friends are like dude that's not what i thought you were doing so they are more willing to help now and let me bum tools for future wood projects. Its far from perfect but for a first go I'm happy with it so far. O!!! I give full credit to Jedi TomRay for the idea of using a bike chain! =D

lancerupdate4.jpg

Thank you, and yeah it's got teeth but its not going on till i finish the main work on the body. I'm also going to put a 'to be determined material' on the front and rear grip areas. Possibly foam of some sort on the front but I have some grip that i decided against for Springfield XD that I might use on the rear. Finally got a pic of the back end.

100_0415.jpg

A good material for grips is truck bed liner. You can pick up spray cans of the stuff at walmart for like $7. It gives you a rubbery, grippy feeling once it's dried.

Great work for a first build, thought about doing the lancer myself, but I have so many projects I need to finish first. hope it turns out well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back