First build last fall. Full H3 suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benton188

RCO
Member DIN
S188
After attending RTX in 2013 I decided to try my hand at some pepakura building. Having only spent about 1 1/2 months on this suit I'm rather proud of it. Some parts need to be rebuilt like the cod piece and the chest I built was a little to big (you can see by the shoulders looking small in comparison). I decided to take a little cheaper route and not use the Bondo Resin. Instead I added an additional layer of Fiberglass Resin on the outside after I had fiberglassed the inside. The only part I did not make was the helmet, I had that specially built by a professional on Etsy. I can't wait to get back to work on it (Currently below 10 degrees out for the past 2 months =/) and fix the little problems. Hope you guys like it.

Halo2_zps7a190be3.jpg.html

Halo3_zpsc2d23c30.jpg.html

Halo4_zpsbe8842c0.jpg.html

Halo5_zps3ebd8940.jpg.html

Halo6_zps9f6f5a29.jpg.html

Halo11_zpsc9404ace.jpg.html

Good start.
For the image tags, you should have, say "http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad2/the_shiznite88/Halo2_zps7a190be3.jpg" instead of "http://s916.photobucket.com/user/the_shiznite88/media/Halo2_zps7a190be3.jpg.html?sort=3&o=8". It should show this (Yes, this is your image):
Halo2_zps7a190be3.jpg

not this:
Halo2_zps7a190be3.jpg.html

If you use Photobucket, which you do, click on the "Direct" link thing on the right. This will copy the direct link to the image, which you want for use in the

Attachments

• Halo2_zps7a190be3.jpg
    Halo2_zps7a190be3.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 136
Thank you Blackout :). I was trying to figure out why they weren't loading correctly. I'll reload them correctly now.

Halo2_zps7a190be3.jpg

Halo3_zpsc2d23c30.jpg

Halo4_zpsbe8842c0.jpg

Halo6_zpsff0075a4.jpg

Halo11_zpsc9404ace.jpg

Attachments

• Halo3_zpsc2d23c30.jpg
    Halo3_zpsc2d23c30.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 131
  • Halo4_zpsbe8842c0.jpg
    Halo4_zpsbe8842c0.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 143
  • Halo6_zpsff0075a4.jpg
    Halo6_zpsff0075a4.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 159
  • Halo11_zpsc9404ace.jpg
    Halo11_zpsc9404ace.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 135
Excellent start! I really like your color scheme, I don't get to see many light-colored builds very often. :]

My only critique would be to maybe consider your boots again, they seem just a tad large in comparison to the shins. The same can kind of be said about your handplates: they're a little bigger than I've normally seen them, but aesthetically, they don't look bad at all.

Aside from that, keep up the great work! Can't wait to see it finished.

(And also, so glad you were inspired after RTX. I hope we'll see you in again in armor this year! ;] )

Thanks, Drakku! Yeah, the boots are another rework. I had them made on 4'' platform shoes as I am short (5'10'' is not an intimating Spartan height lol). I plan to possibly break it apart and instead attach it around the front and back only. It was really difficult to move in them with no flex point on my foot. As for wearing this to this years RTX, it's a big if. I'm definitely going again, but it depends on luggage fees if I can bring this down there =/

(5'10'' is not an intimating Spartan height lol)
Nor is 5'7", but let's shoulder our height deficits proudly! Haha.

Do you happen to be the guy from Colorado? I remember having a conversation with someone about luggage fees, and I think they were from Colorado.

Nope. I'm from Erie Pennsylvania. I had a brown cowboy hat and an AT-AT satchel.

Update to my original build. I took Drakku's advice and de-sized the boots, made them half boots instead, and removed the hand pieces altogether. I completely remade the chest piece to a smaller size, gave it a new color scheme, added a knife, katana, and front LED lights (not shown on in pic). I also got a new under jacket for the upper body, complete with spine on the back and attached should pieces. I'm also in the process of installing a fan into the helmet and upgrading the belt and cod piece a little more. Thank you everyone for your input :)

CIMG2562_zps74d4487f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back