RGRthomas

IMG_1184.jpg

IMG_1183.jpg

IMG_1182.jpg

IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1174.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

IMG_1162-1.jpg

Been working on this all weekend. There's a little warpage on the chest that I need to fix. Any advice, observations, or constructive criticism is welcome. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1184.jpg
    IMG_1184.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_1183.jpg
    IMG_1183.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_1182.jpg
    IMG_1182.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_1180.jpg
    IMG_1180.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_1174.jpg
    IMG_1174.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_1165.jpg
    IMG_1165.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_1162-1.jpg
    IMG_1162-1.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 119

:eek

you sir, are a brave man for peppin that whole chest with no numbers! That is just amazing!

Wonderful work!

RG...

First off from looking at your pics... looks like your a TENN fan... that is a good start! hahahaha :D

seriously... the pep looks good... and clean. Looks like you really took your time with it. Fix up your warped area and prep both for resin... take your time with it... no need to mess up getting into a hurry....

Looking forward to seeing your build progress.... cudos and keep at it!

Cujo3131

Thanks for the compliments. And yeah I was pretty nervous about doing it with no edge ID's but on some of the peices they made it impossible to see the cut/fold lines.

yah dude mine was hard it self if you want to see
this is a list of my video's i got alot more that will help you as well on that account how ever its my old one my new one has no 405th stuff on it yet

Last edited by a moderator:
my first suit was with numbers on LD. my second HD suit was mostly no numbers. i couldnt see the folds either... and it is makes it go faster without them. for me anyways. Nice folding. how long did the chest take? it took me for ever.(4 days but due to working 60+hours a week)

my first suit was with numbers on LD. my second HD suit was mostly no numbers. i couldnt see the folds either... and it is makes it go faster without them. for me anyways. Nice folding. how long did the chest take? it took me for ever.(4 days but due to working 60+hours a week)

From start to finish it took me about 3 days. And I agree it does seem to go faster without the numbers.

Very Nice. To get around the whole edge ID's interfering with the fold lines, I print up 2 copies of the file I'm going to build. Card Stock = No Edge ID's; Regular Paper = Edge ID's. Then I will write corresponding numbers on each piece. This makes it easier to find the pieces, especially in the early stages. Cut out the Card Stock pieces, use the Regular Paper to find the matching edges. Before you know it, you have a finished model without Edge ID's.

Really nice work on the chest piece. If I'm not mistaken, the chest piece is from Flying Squirl. As for the helmet, when you begin to harden it, make sure the top visor bends down like a baseball cap. From what I can see, it is not bending correctly. Once it is harden with resin or bondo, it is impossible to fix the error.

Kudo's for the no Edge ID's.

Good pepping skills so far. I have to agree with CoolC. The brim needs to come down a bit.

Keep it up. Your doing excellent work.

Cheers!

Thanks everyone!

CoolC:
You are correct the torso is from Flying Squirrel.

And yeah I was looking at the brim and going to use electrical tape to hold it down. However last night I left the helmet in a bad place and apparently the dog thought it looked pretty tasty. I'll be redoing it this week. Thinking of using the HD one from Flying Squirerl this time though. Did the hand plates and right bicep last night. I'll be posting more pics later this week.

Just a little update on what I've been doing this week.

IMG_1189.jpg

IMG_1190.jpg

Just finished redoing the helmet a few minutes ago.
I'll probably fiberglass the helmet and chest this weekend. Just ordered a pressure suit from six six one yesterday.
But I do have a question about the visor. Do they come in certain types or sizes? And if so what is recomended?
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1190.jpg
    IMG_1190.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_1189.jpg
    IMG_1189.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 128
Over the weekend I started fiberglassing (I've never done it before) and the part of the helmet that wraps around your mouth and nose got extremely warped. So I am remaking the helmet....again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back